MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

mips42

Adventurer
Pulling the wagon to the side of the road, you are able to find a fairly rocky spot where the wagon wheels will not sink into the now-sodden ground.
You are able to use some of the smaller timbers and the oilcloth to erect a mostly waterproof shelter and start a small fire to start drying clothing and more wood.
The rain pours down for another hour or so and then fades to a light mist in the early evening.

SuperZero

First Post
Caelynn Amastacia

"Well, that was an unfortunate delay," said Cae as she started to disassemble the makeshift camp, "and now our road will be all muddy. I've half a mind to suggest we just make camp for the evening, but I suppose it's really best to press on while we can.."

PierceSG

First Post
Vottr: "I'm fer wondrin' if the road's still too muddy. How long before it's dry enough not to risks gettin' stuck?"

After the arduous ordeal (for Garret anyway), "*wheezing panting sounds* Well, *gulp* I opt for waiting for the rain to subside and for the road conditions to be better before we start moving again. Not because I need rest though. *panting*", as Garret crawls under the shelter to get away from the rain, looking visibly fatigued.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Eddicus looks at the sky, and the waning light of day.

"I half-agree with Caelynn." He looks at the rest of them and continues, "I mean her half a mind to stay here and make camp. It is already starting to get dark, and darkness aids ambushes. We may need to make a fire if we can find any dry wood nearby."

He then offers to take first watch this time, for variety's sake.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
After unhitching the oxen and doing an abbreviated check, Brachnuss looks at the sky, then reaches down to feel the path, such as it is.

If it stops before morning, the path should be good to travel on and not risk getting stuck by mid-morning. The drainage looks good, and the base of the path is dirt, not clay. If no-one else minds, I will take the first shift in the morning. It will give me a chance to check over our oxen and make sure that they are OK.

mips42

Adventurer
Around sundown, the rain finally lets up but the clouds remain, making for a murky night. The night passes uneventfully, if a bit soggily. the morning dawns cloudy but it it seems as though the rain will hold off, at least for now and the trail looks like it could take the wagon as long as you avoid the deeper ruts.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
After a slow breakfast in the low-angled light of morning, Eddicus works with the others to break camp and to ensure that everything is stowed securely on the wagon. When the party is ready to move, he strides to the fore. "Maybe Phandalin by sundown?" he asks encouragingly.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases