[PbP] The Heroes of Silleria

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Yes, as far as the redied action.
Is it possible with the 'Seek' Animal trick to send Titus forward, to 'bark out' where the Lizard thing is above him? I've seen dogs do that in real life (My Grandfather raised Bird Dogs).

MerakSpielman

First Post
OOC: Since you've had these particular dogs for some time, I'll allow it, and assume you gave the command on your initiative. Any new animal companions you get will be a little more hastily trained...

Gertrude: The dog cautiously steps forward, hunting. She pauses, sniffing, under the apeture. Growling, she looks up, but seeing nothing, she looks back at Norynth for further instruction.

Suddenly....

Lizards: A large, scaley lizard bursts out of the hay in the loft, leaping all the way down at Grimbard. (OOC: Norynth, this is now your initiative). Before it even reaches the ground, Norynth's crossbow clacks and a bolt streaks through the air, narrowly missing the creature and sticking into the wood ceiling. The lizard directs a fierce bite at Grimbard, but its teeth fail to penetrate his armor.

Titus: The terrier barks in surprise, and growls. She stays protectively at Norynth's side.

Grimbard, you're next, though I think I can foretell your action...

edited for clarity...

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
MerakSpielman said:
Grimbard, you're next, though I think I can foretell your action...

Grimbard lashed out with his waraxe, attempting to make short work of the lizard who had the gall to attack him.

MerakSpielman

First Post
Grimbard: Even with the invigorating effects of bardic magic pulsing in your mind, you are unable to make contact with the giant lizard.

Michelle: You draw your dagger.

Foran, you're next.

(OOC: Battles certainly take a while on PbP games!)

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Just a thought.. You're doing it person by person.. A way to speed it up would be to wait for everyone to post their actions, then post the entire round. Make a deadline (24 hours from this post for example), and anyone who hasn't stated their actions by that time does whatever they were doing last round, or stands still, etc.

MerakSpielman

First Post
Foran: Your sickle misses by a mile.

(OOC: Let's do Jemal's suggestion, and have a 24-hour limit to post your actions for battle rounds. I will calculate all the results in one fell swoop at that time, or if I check beforehand and everybody has posted.)

(I'll update the battle map later tonight. You can begin posting actions before then, if you like)

Round 4!

dpdx

Explorer
Kerith's next actions were instinctual, honed by an adolescence of training in the arts of the war-orphaned, working poor.

As soon as he saw the lizard fly past him, and Norynth's bolt stick in the wall next to him, Kerith drew his rapier, swung around from behind the ladder, and jumped down behind the lizard, swinging at it as he went down.

[In game terms, draw rapier (free action), jump down to the square opposite the lizard from Grimbard (5-foot step? flanking?), and take a swing (sneak attack?).]

Remove ads