[PbP] The Heroes of Silleria

MerakSpielman

First Post
Foran: You hear nothing. Bardic Inspire Courage is in effect.

Assume you are at the door positions you want. As mentioned, the front double doors are open slightly, but the back doors are closed.
Your presence is known. We are in to round-by-round actions.
I have tactics for Foran and Oren, so if they don't post by the time the others do, they will do what they have previously stated.

COMBAT BEGINS!

Round 1

Initiative order is:

Kerith
Norynth
Oren
(Gertrude)
(Titus)
Grimbard
Michelle
Foran

dpdx

Explorer
Kerith, at the back door, draws his rapier, and cautiously and quietly pushes the door open, and steps forward. If anything lizard-like is within reach, Kerith will attack it with the rapier. If he has any movement left, he will take a five-foot step to the side away from the back door's hinge. If for some reason he can't go to the side, he will take the 5-foot step back outside.

(OOC: Will we have a diagram of the lower floor of the barn once the round is completed?)

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
Kerith: You have opened the back door wide enough to pass through and entered five feet into the barn. Other than the bloody straw and hay, it looks more or less as you would expect. There is a central passage clear through to the other set of doors. Animal stalls and pens line the walls. The ceiling is ten feet high, but there is a large opening (10' x 20') in it allowing you to see all the way to the ceiling of the second floor. Two ladders lead up to the second floor, which is piled high with hay. In the center of the aperture, from the second story ceiling far above, hang the ropes of a pulley system for lifting hay bales up to the loft.

There are no lizards visible. You hear a cow softly mooing from one of the stalls.

edit: you have movement left so you cautiously step left to the side of the opening.

OOC: It's hard to get diagrams to show up correctly using text, especially since I haven't found a way to insert blank spaces. I'd be glad to post one, but don't know how well it will look... Do any of you have any tips?

Next action goes to Norynth. And all of you please note that you can post your actions out of order, with whatever "ifs" and other conditionals you like, and they will happen on your initiative. If your action is no longer applicable (or sane), it won't happen and you can post something else. Is this protocol ok?

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
(OOC: I've seen them do it on the Wizards' PbP boards. The trick is to use pre, or in this case, code tags to encase your 'ASCII art', so it lines up proportionally.

For example:

Code:
[color=white]
+--------------------+
|k                   |

|                    |
+--------------------+
[/color]

You could mess with it a bit, in case you'd need a grid system or you'd like to see a clearer indication of what the 5' square looks like.

Hope that helps. This was a quick example, but if you want, I can work on it somemore, and try posting the 'map' as you described it.)

garyh

First Post
Grimbard will stand by the front door and ready an action to attack whatever enemy comes through the door, as per Oren's plan.

OOC: One way to do a map is to use Excel, take a screen capture as a jpg, and attach it to a post

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Oren will attempt to sneak in through one of the back doors (open it slowly, using it to shield himself, then loop around at a relatively safe radius to check if anything is waiting on the other side, dagger ready)... He will stick to shadows so long as nothing sees him, trying to get a good shot in with his dagger if he can get close enough (20 feet).

If he's seen, he will toss a dagger and fall back to the doorway... He'll fight melee with one of his remaining daggers unless he feels really threatened, in which case he'll retreat to reassess the situation.

(All of this is following Kerith's lead, as he seems more competent at sneaking-around business.)

Jemal

Adventurer
Michelle will wait until everyone else is in place, watching where they go. She then stands 10 feet behind and sligthly to the right of whatever melee fighter has the least support (Whichever side is weaker), and sizes up the situation (Meaning I'll post what she does when she sees what's happening).
From her vantage point she can see into the barn and around to the side, but any creatures coming at her from the barn would have to charge right past the (hopefully capable) fighter.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Norynth will move forward, covering Kerith with his Crossbow, moving within, he goes right (Kerith went left, I believe). Then, he signals back for Titus and Gert to advance.

MerakSpielman

First Post
Norynth: You enter the barn and move to the right of the back door, crossbow readied. You have signaled to your dogs, and they will move up and join you on their initiatives.

Oren: You enter the back door, moving silently and hiding as best you can (as it is daytime). You circle around about ten feet toward the south side of the barn, dagger ready.

Gertrude: The mastiff moves into the barn and stands next to Norynth. She seems nervous, and she is baring her teeth slightly in anticipation.

Kerith (yes, I know it's not your turn): You hear something rustling in the straw up in the loft. You don't think your allies heard it.

Titus: The terrier moves up to join Gertrude and Norynth.

Grimbard: You take up position at the opening in the front door, axe at the ready.

Michelle: You join Grimbard and Foran, since the back door already has three people and two dogs. You stand about ten feet behind Grimbard, with a clear line of sight all the way through to the slightly open door at the rear of the barn.

Next action: Foran (do you just keep playing the pipes?)

OOC: I will try to make up a reasonable looking map later tonight. If you want to wait until after it's up before you post your next moves, feel free.

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
f=Foran m=Michelle G=Grimbard
k=Kerith o=Oren n=Norynth g=Gertrude t=Titus

Code:
[SIZE=4][color=white]
+------------------------------+
|                              |
|     +--------+               |