Avalon, a far future fantasy world

Priest

First Post
I just needed a place to get the many notes, ideas, and general player stuff out of my head. Avalon is making a debut over in the In Character forums and this is where I want to go ahead and post ideas, sources, and whatever else I deem appropriate for this thread.

Some things my players may read, and use in there in game knowledge other things should not be used in game, but I need to post them here for a collection of my thoughts. I am trying to get a Game knowledge sheet together for them and this thread will help with that as well.

Into the Setting information.

Avalon is a world far from the birthplace of mankind, colonized a thousand years ago by the Colony ship Camelot, sent from earth by a united national space administration. The trip however would prove physically taxing on the vessels crew, and colonists warping there bodies into things other than the form of man

the Shirra were a strange new form of man, taller, longer lived the shirra have continued to evolve to there present state being only partially of their earthlife ancestors, but mostly they are now forever tied with the Avalonlife genetics. Together with the mutated cats, the Shofar they have become as native to the world as the Birdwasps, or the Fangtongue oak that were found here.

While they maintain watchposts near the Settlers lands they are a reclusive race intent on keeping there secrets to themselves.

The Drovers once tied to the lands of the Shirra as a facet of the others culture, the Drovers have now become a seperate people to their own. Unlike the Shirra who use strange mental powers, some call magic, other call psionics rather than the use of weaponry, the Drovers use guns, and blasters to fend off the attacks of bandits and the creatures of the Black Gap along there Caravan roads, made by the Camelots planetary exploration vessel Hermes a vessel whose fusion drives were capable of turning stone to molton slag, and to make lakes boil, and the rivers steam. The road is the aftermath of the fusion drive as it moved across the lands marking out future places to settle, and seeding the land with earthlife plants and animals.

The Kahme were even more like there forefathers "the bringers" as they called them, with elongated features, longer life spans, and the grace of the Shirra. The Kahme revere the Shirra as the Children of the Bringers, they themselves not knowing exactly who the bringers were or where the bringers first stood.

The Kahme are the descendents of the first of the Shirra to come into the world less Avalonlife, and more terran in appearance they were startled to see the fire in the sky that marked the coming of the Settlers, and even more startled to see someone akin to them step out of the metal bird.

The Settlers- When earth lost contact with the Camelot, and received no more reports from the ships autonav they thought that the mission of unity had failed. Earth fell into a dark period collapsing under the power of a Martian attack force stationed off the moon phobos. The war of Martian Independence, and the Battle of the Moon completely demolished the unity that the Avalon project had hoped to assure. The government that was the United Space Administration became a branch of the Terran Homogony, a united Sol Imperium with representitives in the Asteroid mines, and on Europa, and Titan, and at the Capital of Myrasta the Senate of the Imperium was formed, and first contact was made with the Elurrians, a race similar to man, and which later was discovered to be the progenetor race of mankind ( as one of their ships had fallen into the ice aged earth and from it survivors seeded the continents of Africa, and Europe, the Americas, and the Isle of Atlanticas which was where the Elurrians built there city and began the construction of the communcation tower of Babol ( Later stories told tells of Atlantis and its famed technology, and strange magics) As the Ice age ended the climates began to shift and Atlanticas was frosen in the new climate (became Antartica)

New advances in spacefaring lent to the Idea that the Sol Imperium might try a second journey to the far away planet of Avalon, so the Fastship Gavester was built and the one thousand four hundred and fifty colonists boarded and the journey began. In what had taken the Camelot 400 years to travel, the Gavester made it in 4.

As a choice of landing sites the Colonists had chosen the alienated penninsula of Tyras blocked from the mainland world by a large fissure stretching far into the core of the world and an Isthmus. They had chosen this site so as to keep the troubles that had destroyed the Camelot (as far as they knew) away.

It has been 600 years since the landing, and the Settlers have explored only so far as the gap. Native races (the Kahme, and the Shirra) both greeted the settlers with open arms naming them the first walkers. And strange abilities are becoming present in the Settlers such as things once labled as magical, or mirracles.

Remove ads