D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Turning toward Amisi, Duna's cheery expression returns. "You said the Corps have a base here. Is it an inspiring building?"

Amisi returns her smile with a friendly one of her own. "I suppose that depends on what you consider inspiring," she replies with a light laugh, keeping her own opinion of what is inspiring to herself. Her long curly strawberry blond hair flutters around her fair face as her exotic violet blue eyes take in the people arrayed around her. She was usually comfortable in any type of crowd and this was certainly a... diverse... group of people.

Her eyes return to Duna and her easy smile remains. "Yes the Corp have a building and presence here, I do believe you will find the building impressive. It is in the Red District, the area for nobles and ambassadors. It is a grand building, an old boarding house; you know, like an inn. The architecture is well built and quite stunning on the outside. The rooms however are rather sparse and boring. Plus it is much too empty for my liking at the moment, it's lacking a little in excitement."

The tall woman stretches her long arms and legs, her delicate dress clinging to her curvy body due to the wind flitting around her. She sighs and turns her face to the sun for a moment, ready to be done with this frustrating journey. She was confused as to why her mentor would send her on such a pointless mission and she was ready to be back in the bustling city, even if it meant another lecture from her teacher. Of course, he would not miss the opportunity to chide her for wearing a frilly, low cut dress to travel in and not being properly armed. If she had to wear the black, she would at least do it in style and she balked at having to ruin her appearance with ugly things like daggers and cloaks and canvas backpacks. The others looked well armed and well prepared and all she had brought with her was some fancy clothes in a well made leather carrying bag. She had definitely looked out of place wandering round in Gull in her finery.

The only other item she has with her is a brilliant, sparkling platinum and amethyst pendant that clings to her breast. Interestingly, the large smooth oval gem itself is very similar to the rare color of her eyes. She touches the necklace often, seemingly not even aware of her habit of doing so.

Amisi turns back to Duna, her hand over the pendant on her chest. "You are from Gull, are you not? If I might be so bold, do you have business with the Corp?" She pauses in thought for a long moment. Without waiting for Duna to answer she says, "The Fifth City is a dream. A dream of peace and harmony. Of course there are bad elements to the city, like any city, as our friend here mentioned. But there is also good, good hearted people, working together, doing good deeds to help others, some even miracles. The Fifth City can be amazing, it is all in how you view things and what you make of it yourself." She ended her speech with wave of her arm toward the Island. "Welcome to the Fifth City," she grinned with a dazzling smile.

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The skiff approaches the dock as the heat of the day reaches its peak. Irritable dock workers interrupt their dice game to pull the skiff in and tie it off, extending a plank from the dock to the skiff so the passengers can disembark.

A couple of the dock workers notice Lenya and their hands stray to the rope-cutting knives at their belts. One of them, a scarred and perpetually sunburnt fellow with skin like leather snarls, "Ain't no good elf but a dead elf. Ain't that right boys?" Some of the dock workers nod in agreement, forming a semi-circle around the passengers. The rest back away, apparently not wanting to get involved.

Korgon, Felix, and Markus watch this unfold from the hippogriff stables about 100 feet above the docks. A set of switchback stairs winds down to the dock area from the stable/landing platform and a maintenance ladder goes straight down.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Amisi walks forward, swinging her hips and tugging at her black gloves before she hooks her arm around Lenya's. "Well isn't it so nice of you strapping men to help my friend here off the boat. And they say dock workers have no manners! I am just going to have to set them straight the next time it comes up. I hope you boys have a pleasant day now..." As she smiles at the men she tries to walk Lenya around the group.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
With what might be a casual shrug, Lenya twisted free of Amisi's protective grasp- but not before the sorceress would have been able to tell that the elven woman's bulky jacket covered some kind of armor. While the thought was nice, these quarters were already too close for her favored style of fighting, and Lenya wanted no further hindrance. She knew that her prospective employer would not want violence- but that did not mean that violence could not occur...

She bowed, ever so slightly- it was only coincidence that this motion brought her hands closer to the blades at her belt. Her voice was calm and quiet, almost mouse-like, like a minor servant apologizing for some fault. "I am sorry to have offended you, good sir, sorry that you hate me though we have never met. I do not believe, however, that violence would be good for either of us at this time. If you allow me to pass, I will trouble you no further." While her words and her tone were meek and subservient, her stance was that of a warrior- and she seemed as calm and unruffled as she had been on the skiff moments before.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"That's her down there, with the elf, uh, ahem, at the center of what looks like trouble." Marcus sets his shovel to the side with a loud sigh. "This can get bad." He starts down the steps. He pauses once he is in fresh air and moves his hand in the air triggering a minor spell, prestidigitation, to freshen himself from the smell of the stalls, even that of a light cologne, then the filth and dust falls to his feet. Then he continues on.

OOC: is there the existence of cantrip like effects in 5 E?
OOC: disregard, found the info.

Last edited:

Jessic

First Post
Before exiting the skiff, Duna considers Rhal's question. More like a riddle. To Amisi, Duna responds, "I haven't anything in particular to do with the Corps, but I still would love to see it."

Following Amisi and Lenya off the boat, Duna notices the crowd of workers harassing the elf. How rude of them. She whistles, half in admiration and half in disbelief. Duna makes a persuasion check (+5) to convince the worker who spoke to return to dock work. "Not even off the boat, and you have the indecency to threaten this poor woman? I've spent weeks with her on a tiny boat, and not once has she raised a hand to anyone. I believe she means no harm. Come now, put aside your differences; it's far too hot for a scuffle."

Duna walks up to the dock worker, cheerfully extending her hand.

Hannerdyn

Explorer
Tseg'Rhal

Rhal disembarked as well, staff at his side and speaking to no one. As he passed the offending dockworker, he gave a low growl and watched the man with his inhuman eyes.

He wanted peace, but was no pacifist. Hard men and fool boys sometimes needed threats to sustain peace.

Fenris

Adventurer
In response to Korgon's words Felix shifted his eyes from the sea. "A good question. I hope we'll answer it soon. It has been deadly dull of late and I expect she will provide something of a distraction eh?"

"Sheesh Korgan, how do you keep smiling even Here? She is mage corp, but independent contractor. I remember her from some of the academy classes."

"Great, some ugly old hag of a witch. Or is it witch of a hag? Does she have the same depressed and oppressed outlook as you do Markus? Do they drill that into the Corps?" asks Korgon. Markus looked at Korgon, still grinning, and again wasn't sure if the man had made a joke or not. Well until Korgon smiled even more braodly and pounded him on the back before barking out a laugh.

"That's her down there, with the elf, uh, ahem, at the center of what looks like trouble." Marcus sets his shovel to the side with a loud sigh. "This can get bad." He starts down the steps.

"Hey" says Korgon. "I know that lady. Seen her a bunch of times walking by the docks. Not for a while though. I could never catch up to her to talk to her though. So that's Amisi huh?" The big man stares intently for a moment before Felix's comment snaps him back into the moment. "Huh, oh yeah. You'll never make it down fast enough Felix." says Korgon. As Korgon reaches for his shirt he accidentally drops a shovelful of hippogriff manure down on top of the knife wielder's head with amazing accuracy considering it was an accident. As Felix sees the descending pile he turns his head to look up. Korgon, shirt already back on is rapidly catching up to him descending the stairs. "What?" he asks Felix innocently. Korgon knew the look Felix was giving him.

"Look you and I know that Nargit is an idiot. Besides, he owes me money."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Great, some ugly old hag of a witch. Or is it witch of a hag? Does she have the same depressed and oppressed outlook as you do Markus? Do they drill that into the Corps?" asks Korgon. Markus looked at Korgon, still grinning, and again wasn't sure if the man had made a joke or not. Well until Korgon smiled even more braodly and pounded him on the back before barking out a laugh.

The pound on the back causes a cough and a sudden step forward by Marcus as he regains his balance. He shakes his head in disbelief when he sees the grin grow larger.

says Korgon. "I know that lady. Seen her a bunch of times walking by the docks. Not for a while though. I could never catch up to her to talk to her though. So that's Amisi huh?" The big man stares intently for a moment before Felix's comment snaps him back into the moment. "Huh, oh yeah. You'll never make it down fast enough Felix." says Korgon. As Korgon reaches for his shirt he accidentally drops a shovelful of hippogriff manure down on top of the knife wielder's head with amazing accuracy considering it was an accident. As Felix sees the descending pile he turns his head to look up. Korgon, shirt already back on is rapidly catching up to him descending the stairs. "What?" he asks Felix innocently. Korgon knew the look Felix was giving him.

"Look you and I know that Nargit is an idiot. Besides, he owes me money."

"Right, she is the . . . what did you call her? . . hag of a witch was it? we may not make it down in time, but we can still head down as back up."

Remove ads