D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The scarred dock worker who seems to be the ring leader sneers at Amisi, "We got about as much love for mages as we do elves. No tricks or you'll get a knife in the belly."

Some of his cronies don't seem as confident, especially when Rhal makes his presence known and Duna speaks words of reason. The semi-circle of dock workers begins to falter. One of them nudges the ringleader and points up to the hippogriff landing area, apparently spotting Felix's city guard uniform. The ringleader grumbles, "This ain't over."

He and the others back off, allowing Lenya and the others to pass.

Felix, Markus, and Korgon make it down to the docks as the dock workers break up and return to their dice game.

OOC: Lenya, Duna, Rhal, and Amisi, please make a Wisdom (Perception) check, DC 15. Regarding Korgon's manure maneuver, that would require an improvised attack roll at the very least so I'm going to rule that it didn't hit anyone. There's about 50 to 100 feet of distance between the hippogriff landing area/stable and the dock itself, in addition to the 100 feet of height.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenya turned to each of the others and gave a slight bow. "I thank you for your assistance, though I wish it had not been necessary. I hope this sort of thing does not happen often, as it bodes ill for the idea of all the races working together peacefully if some are so set on reliving old hatreds." She scanned the crowded scene one more time, then gathered her things to continue up the dock...

[sblock= Perception] Perception check 1d20+4= 15; roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4662794/
[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Lenya, Duna, Rhal, and Amisi, please make a Wisdom (Perception) check, DC 15. Regarding Korgon's manure maneuver, that would require an improvised attack roll at the very least so I'm going to rule that it didn't hit anyone. There's about 50 to 100 feet of distance between the hippogriff landing area/stable and the dock itself, in addition to the 100 feet of height.

OOC: No problem, I knew we were up, but didn't realize we were away as well.

Korgon replies to Markus "Yeah well I figured all you mage types were all are as ugly as you. Didn't know they came in that flavor. I been keeping my eye out for her. She caught my eye quite a while a ago. Oh and if you mention the hag comment, I will put an elbow in your ribs hard enough to crack them. City guard, Magi corps or no. Savvy?" Markus turned his head and saw Korgon smiling, but he didn't get the feeling that he was joking.

Perception 1d20+2=15

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Castle Forum
[roll=Amisi]#4663177[/roll]
BBCode
1d20=17

Amisi watches the back of the elven woman walk away as a new group approaches. She shrugs then saunters over to Markus, eyeing his friends.

"Greetings, Markus, how are you this fine morning?" She grins at him, "I myself am better now that my feet are on solid ground. I've just returned from a rather fruitless trip, though it did give me a chance to see more of the world, for which I am grateful." She adjusts her dress while trying not to wrinkle her nose at the smell of the men, "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?"

Jessic

First Post
Perception check 1d20+4=12

"I feel sorry for that man. So much hatred for a whole race." Duna sighs, then tightens her backpack straps and attaches her shield to her belt. Looking upward toward the city, Duna smiles. "Wow! The Fifth City."

Glancing toward Amisi, and then at those she's talking to, Duna walks over to Rhal. "To answer your question, that's not the greeting I hoped to find. Maybe we'll find friendly people elsewhere in the city."

Last edited:

Hannerdyn

Explorer
Rhal nods at Duna, keeping his face impassive. "Regardless of the troubles or treasures of this city, I hope we can be each other's steadfast company. There is no need for the Fifth City to be an isle of strangers."

OOC: Perception - 1d20+5=24 ***Correction: only a 21. Thought I had perception, actually have insight.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Amisi watches the back of the elven woman walk away as a new group approaches. She shrugs then saunters over to Markus, eyeing his friends.

"Greetings, Markus, how are you this fine morning?" She grins at him, "I myself am better now that my feet are on solid ground. I've just returned from a rather fruitless trip, though it did give me a chance to see more of the world, for which I am grateful." She adjusts her dress while trying not to wrinkle her nose at the smell of the men, "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?"

"Amisi, glad your back. Looks like you made some new friends. As for my morning, I would rather never see another hippogriff, and any seen would be too soon.
This is Korgon and Felix. As you can tell by the smell, we were tasked with the menial duty of cleaning stalls. Now if you would be so kind, please tell me you might have some other task to do for Mage Corp. Please?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Amisi crinkles her nose, "So that's what that smell is. Yuck. Whatever in the world did you do to cause such a punishment?? I haven't heard of a new assignment yet but I've just completed my last one, I think, so I suppose we will find out what it is when we check in."

"I made a few new friends on the boat. This is Dura," she swings her arm wide towards the bard, "And the other two are..." She leaves her words hanging, the two quiet ones hadn't actually shared their names.

She turns back to The latecomers. "Felix is it? I believe I have seen you around town? And Korgon?" She meets his eyes with her own, "I am quite certain if we ever met I would remember you." She curtsies, "Pleasure to meet you." She clears her throat, " Pleasure to meet you all."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Despite Korgan and Felix smelling like the bottom of a horse stall, It is noticed that Marcus does not smell bad, is not dirty and actually smells of a light cologne.

Scotley

Hero
"Yes ma'am Felix Reeve. A pleasure to see you again." Felix offers a perfunctory bow to the newcomers. "We do have order in the city. Sometimes our less civilized citizens forget that. I little time shoveling dung usually reminds them of their manners. Anyway, now that things have settled welcome to The City." The lithe young man's words seem earnest enough, but his eyes scan you almost mechanically noted every detail. "Shall we repair to someplace out of the sun? You said you need to check in I believe?" His stiff uniform and leather armor are obviously uncomfortably warm.

Remove ads