Init: +3, Senses: Perception +2
AC: 16 (tactical armor)
HP: 13 Current: 13
Proficiency: +2
Saves: Strength, Constitution
Luck Points: 3/3 Remaining
Weapon in Hand: FN P90 SMG
[/sblock]
Akemi looked curiously at the Marine Corporal as she selected the the other two members of her fire team.

"Um, that one," she gestured to Almerton, "just said he was going with Locke."

She glanced sidelong at the spell casting Airman and continued, "Don't you have two shooters instead to make up your fire team? I am not saying the Airman should not come with us, but not as a fire team shooter. You said you brought some with you."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Uh huh." Babington says in a distracted tone as he works to maintain concentration on the Magic Weapon spell. "Just letting you know, I think if my concentration on this spell gets broken, the magic in the bullets probably goes bye-bye. I'll do what I can still, but 'Caveat Emptor' and all."

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Gah...and I thought I was being so clever reading back and seeing who Juno's right-hand man was. :mad: Poor Juno...stuck with me as a player.)

Juno nods slowly, "All right, we won't want you to be forward then. You and you, get clips. Remember to make your shots count."

She selects another couple of marines from the boarding party.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: So sorry I've been away for so long. I've been sick for the last week or two. Doesn't look like I've been holding up this adventure at least. Hopefully this bump will get us moving again and I'm off work for the next 5 days (after today), so I'll be sure to check back to see if I can post more during my long weekend.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Recap of the marines from Ark 17...

Two heavy gunners, carrying grenade launchers and a complement of frag and smoke grenades, with automatic pistols as back-up. (Hayes, her nose now slightly crooked from her encounter with Dawson's elbow not so long ago, and Ramirez.)
Four regular infantry, carrying automatic rifles and automatic pistols. (Brooks, Anderson, Novak, and Dixon.)
One medic. (Castor.)
One Team Leader (Almerton, though he has been ordered to defer to Reyes.)

You also have the pilot (Warrant Officer Gorman), co-pilot, and two technicians back on the shuttle. There's also a fully serviceable shuttle belonging to Ark 42, though no one qualified to fly it except the pilot and co-pilot back on the Ark 17 shuttle.

Given that, who is going where and doing what and who has the magic ammo? What's the plan of attack, in out of character terms? Locke has suggested that he and a bodyguard go to the command center and Almerton volunteered to go with him.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Akemi Jordan

dichenlachman.jpg
[sblock=Akemi Jordan Mini-stats]Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Akemi nodded to acknowledge the change of team members. Handing out the magic ammunition to the two PFCs, she confirmed, “Carpenter, Reynolds, are you two good with this?” While it was a question, they were badass Marines and not some pogues and she did not expect a negative reply.

Seeing the two heavy gunners with grenade launchers, Akemi gestured to them as she said to Juno, “We should take them as well. Their fire support cannot hurt. What about the rest of the team. That one is a medic, right? The last two of your team can stick together and watch over Airman Babington as he follows us and focuses on his spell work.”

She looked back to Joy, “Are you set and going to accompany Locke?”

[sblock=OOC]Huh, I am not sure if Akemi would now some of that information about the Ak42 people, but their gear would be obvious, yeah?

I was thinking that Joy and Almerton at least would go with Locke.
We are looking at 6 with Magic bullets (Akemi, Juno, Reynolds (Ark 17), Carpenter (Ark 17), and two from Ark 42 (Let’s say Brooks and Anderson)
Maybe the other two shooters (Novak and Dixon should stick with Castor and watch over Babington), or one goes with Locke.
The two heavy gunners should stick with the magic bullet shooters using frag and smoke ot help with the beast.[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], are Juno and Joy good with this plan?

The sealed pressure doors suddenly strain as repeated banging echoes through the corridors. The creature is pounding on the doors. Juno knows of maintenance hatches and tunnels that will get the distraction team behind the creature and get Locke's team to the command center, though it means some crawling through cramped areas for both groups.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Yes, lets do this!)

Juno spent a moment watching the pressure door warily. It showed no signs of giving in immediately though, and she looked at Almerton.

"Down this corridor, two intersections, then take the left passage. You're looking for a junction with a hatch that looks...like that one." She points at one of the engineering crawlway access hatches. "Make sure you're clear before you go in...you do NOT want to engage inside. There'll be a ladder close by, that parallels the main power trunkline from engineering. You can follow that all the way up to the top, then get back out. You should be just one level under the bridge from there."

She looks at the rest of the team, giving Akemi a nod. "As for us, we get the fun part." Again, Juno indicated the nearby hatch. "We take that one. It should put us under the deck floor, where a bunch of CO2 scrubbers are lined up. We can bellywalk through that under our door to door salesman there, and come out behind him. Then we'll have him pinned up against the blast door. We can unload, falling back to the next junction, where I think there should be another access port. It'll have to dig the wall out to get to us...and we can reposition again, drawing it away."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Akemi Jordan

dichenlachman.jpg
[sblock=Akemi Jordan Mini-stats]Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Akemi Jordan nodded, “Okay, that sounds good. That will get our team to the control room, then.”

“Until they report in position and ready, we only need to keep mean and ugly occupied,”
she head nodded towards the secure hatch between them and the beast.

To help draw the creature’s attention, she drew her knife and banged it on the sealed hatch.

“Locke, once you can open and close hatches, we want you to set up a plan that will allows us to get the beast into an area we can poor fire into it and then seal it in so we can blow the side of the hull to suck it out into space later.”

“Then we can make our move by the CO2 scrubbers to flank the beast and begin funneling it into a kill zone.”

She was starting to think they could actually take back the ship and not have to abandon Ark 42 at all. Or at least they could cannibalism much of it if they were to cram all the refugees into Ark17 instead.

Remove ads