Updated D&D 5th Edition Game Tracker

ren1999

First Post
Edited to explain how to use the application.

Click on 'Create a new character?' even when loading monster stats.
Enter the name, ac, ability scores, hp.
Then enter the attack rolls starting with the toHit.
In the XdY+Z field, reserve that for magic weapon bonuses,
Example,
+1Sword+str+pro
1d20+1
The application will automatically calculate the strength modifier and the proficiency modifier into the roll.
Clicking out of the XdY+Z field will automatically put that roll above.
Do the same operation again for the damage.
piercing+str
1d8+1
The application will see the +str and add the strength modifier to the damage roll.

Click on 'Save all characters?'
If you want to duplicate monsters, just cut and paste your first monster a number of times.
Save default.js
Reload your browser page and reposition each monster box and give them all new names such as Poisonous Snake 2, Poisonous Snake 3.

When you click 'Roll?' the application will always roll twice and display the results under the Situation Modifier.
The first roll will show the natural roll + the modifier and the total. Then to the right it will show the ability modifier, the proficiency modifier, the situation modifier if any, and then total all of that.
For a normal roll, just take the first roll result.
For advantage, take the higher of the two.
For disadvantage, take the lower of the two.
For damage, be sure to put +0 back in the Situation Modifier if you had one.
If the Situation Modifier is blank, your rolls will total with NaN. So be sure to have +0 in the Situation Modifier field.

When you roll the damage, look at the first roll to determine if you have a natural 20 or a natural 1.
If 20, you can just add the results of both rolls and apply that to the Damage? field of the character you hit.

For spells such as 'False Life', make a note in the actions field of the maximum Hit Points, then change the Hit Points field directly to the right with the False Life maximum hit points. Change the number back to the natural maximum hit points when the spell expires.

The app is free and I ask for no donations. Any comments or things I should fix, just comment to me here or at ren1999@hotmail.com.

This application is so sparse that you will need the basic rules to actually use it. The previous version of the application was a complete encounter map with images of miniatures and detailed stats. I needed that for play-testing. But this newer version just contains number management. It is meant to be used with character sheets and monster manuals.

In response to the DM Moderator who asked me why I don't just use paper and dice instead of this application. My answer is that my arms start to hurt rolling and writing for every monster. I'm doing a lot more work than you players. Players get impatient when I don't move quickly. This application on my tablet allows me to do all the work I need to do and focus on story telling and responding to the players. I do still roll dice instead of using the application sometimes.

dndtrackerthumb.png

Ignore the Tripod ads and download my tracker here.
http://kira3696.tripod.com

Last edited:

Remove ads