Doom of the Savage Kings

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Boral moves towards the woman and checks to see if she is gagged. If so, he removes it so she can speak and asks, "What is your name? I am quite tempted to remove your bonds and set you free, but first I thought I'd ask your side of the story. Why do you believe you were chosen for this sacrifice?"

Tender gets his blade ready. "I see no point in delaying. Unless she is mad and insists to stay here to die, or admits to some horrible evil, we might as well free her anyway."

"I agree, if just because a good woman is a horrible thing to waste," Kurl says as he inspects the altar with professional interest.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The woman stills her struggles long enough for Boral to remove the rag serving as her gag. She spits and looks at him with short-lived thanks, until she realizes he isn't cutting her free.

"I was chosen by lot, in some mad-fool plan of the Jarl's and his pet monkey, Sylle Ru, to buy off the Hound and save the town. We die and still the Hound comes. Hurry! Free me before it is too late!"

Kurl's examination of the altar reveals only that it is ancient, weathered smooth by exposure to the elements.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tender nods and helps Boral cut the ropes loose, "Good enough for me. Quick, the rest of you set-up a look-out in case the villagers come... or something worse."

Kurl says, "Odd spot for a sacrifice. I've been checking out the altar but can't make why it might be so special to villager or beast."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Franko stands still on the deck of the misplaced sea vessel and keeps a diligent eye out for the location of the departed villagers and their Jarl.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The woman quickly gets up when released. She stands straight and tall, raven-haired tresses blowing in a chill breeze that has just started to pick up. She rubs her wrists, chaffed from her struggle against the ropes that bound her.

"Thank you. I'm not sure how I'll ever be able to repay you. I'm Morgan Haverson, daughter of Broegan Haverson, owner of the Wolf-Spear Inn." She looks over at Kurl and shrugs. "It's an ancient site, old long before Hirot was founded. I wouldn't know why those ancients thought this place important but my father has picked up a lot of tales in his years as innkeeper."

She frowns and gazes towards the west. "I'm sure I wouldn't be welcome back in town now... It'll be dusk soon; what's your plan?"

Franko's elevation gives him a better view than those who are still on solid ground; when the mists thin, anyway. He sees no sign of Jarl or Hound but catches short glimpses of woods that surround the hill on all sides. To the south he sees a ribbon of road stretching west-east. North-east he sees a glimmer of water through the trees: a river. To the west he sees a palisade; presumably the town of Hirot.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tender answers, "I'd be willing to kill this beast here and now if it comes. Haven't others tried before? A dozen stout coordinated spears should be able to take down any creature."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Morgan looks at Tender speculatively, taking in his arms and armor before nodding.

"I think you could do it." She glances up at the ship wedged between two monoliths. "I think I will wait and watch from up there. Serving custom in an inn doesn't exactly give one skill at arms." She scrambles up and peers over the edge satisfied that she'll be able to see well from her vantage point. Now it only remains for those from Krivstad to ready themselves for battle.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
franko gives her a hand then disembarks to join the others. He gis an account of what he saw up above as to the lay of the land.

"Do you want me to keep an eye or two out, still?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"No. Let's wait and kill this thing," Tender announces as he stands guard near the altar and readies his sword.

Kurl simple gives a bloodcurdling cackle and hops forward with his mace ready. H takes position on the other side of the altar and pats it, as if considering what might be done after in honor of his new deity.

Boral stands between the two, hoping that their armor will protect the men while they provide protection for his casting. Still, he leans on his pitchfork as a back-up. "I can feel my magic returning. Let's try this with steel and sorcery."

Remove ads