D&D 5E Spell & Crossbones

Shayuri

First Post
She leans in towards Nia and speaks in a soft voice. "I imagine you are just as agotado," she pauses, her face revealing that she is trying to focus, "Ah, exhausted, as I am, amigo. You mentioned needing to do your ritual at night, si, is that correct? We are in a prisa, (rush) but it would not be wise to do this if we are too tired to finish it correctly. Do you have an opinion on this? Think on it and we'll speak about it inside."

The sea witch follows Katerina in, and when a bit of privacy feels assured, she answers the question put to her.

"It has been quite a night," Nia admits grumpily. "De ritual does need to be done by de dark of night. And while we ken take precautions to try to avoid it, dere is a chance we will have to drive away de spirit by force...so we should be strong enough not to fear such a ting."

Matthan

Explorer
“Etienne, my new friend, I know we are both eager to prove our mettle, but perhaps it is not entirely wise to set off without telling anyone our intentions. If fate turns against us, it might be beneficial if there was someone who might send help. I’m afraid that I’m new to the island and haven’t really met anyone yet. Do you have anyone we could trust?”

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"It has been quite a night," Nia admits grumpily. "De ritual does need to be done by de dark of night. And while we ken take precautions to try to avoid it, dere is a chance we will have to drive away de spirit by force...so we should be strong enough not to fear such a ting."

Katerina nods, "The question is, can we afford to wait until tomorrow night? Better to be rested or better to attempt to get it done faster, tonight? I need some guidance my friend, since this is your ... thing."

Shayuri

First Post
"Dere is risk eidder way," Nia says. "I tink wit de tings we have, we ken probably get rid of de spirit widdout having to fight. But notting is ever certain. And given dat even if de ship is free it will take time to make it ready to sail, one more day is probably not going to make a large difference. But a lot ken happen in a day."

"If you are askin' me to tell de future, Captain..." she smiled a crooked smile, "...I can't help you. Call wind and lightning. Bring de fury of beast and fire. Many tings are in my power, but de future is for me as it is for anyone else."

"If you want guidance, I would say dat de risk of facing the djab before we are ready...it is less likely to go wrong, but if it does go wrong, we could lose some or all of us. Bein' a day behind wit' de ship means our competitors are likely to get ahead of us, but we will live to try to take dat day back."

"De choice is yours."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Katerina listens carefully as her eyes wander over the crowd at the tavern. She was usually fairly good at spotting trouble before it began, as she grew up in places such as these. But the tiredness, between the long hours since rest and the fight, was taking her over and she could feel her judgement clouded. And there was still so much to do.

She keeps her voice quiet. "Thank you for your counsel. I do think we should rest. As you mentioned, there are ways to make up a day, and we don't even know when our enemies will be prepared to leave. We could leave the dwarves to continue to recruit in our stead. I don't want to take the chance of losing someone."

OOC: OOC: Who is still with us? Aside from Nia, I'm not sure which characters are left, so I left this reply open ended.

peterka99

First Post
“Etienne...Do you have anyone we could trust?”

Etienne impulsively changed his mind and decide to let Blaise meet the captain. He hopes he can be trusted..

"I will introduce you to my captain. "

He then moves to the front of the tavern and join the 2 ladies.

"I introduce you Blaise. I think him worthy and reliable as a crew member. If you don't need me by now, i'll give him an hand for a little job involving goblins. Is it fine with you ?"

Last edited:

Matthan

Explorer
Blaise was surprised to hear Etienne mention a captain though he hid it well. He was not quite so subtle when Etienne made his introduction to the two beautiful women sitting at the table. He leaned towards Etienne slightly and whispered, “Bondye’s blessing, Etienne. How in the world do you get any work done?’

Quickly composing himself, Blaise smiled at the ladies, “Our mutual friend speaks the truth. I just arrived on the island this evening and am hoping to find the right crew to sign on with for my next journey. My hope is to rise above the crowd a bit by making a name for myself. I am sure as a captain yourself you can appreciate a sailor that shows initiative. My plan is to rise above the crowd by tackling a small goblin problem for the local provisioner. Your fine crewman and my fellow countryman, Etienne, heard my plight and has graciously offered to assist me. While the whole endeavor should only be a trifle, we both thought it wise to make sure that some trusted folks knew our aims in case the goblin situation has been underreported. If all goes well, I should have your crewman returned to you tomorrow. I'm sure that you won't be setting off before then, right? Then, when we return, perhaps you’ll both join us for a toast to our good fortune?"

Shayuri

First Post
Nia walked slowly around the introduced man, Blaise, her blank, unblinking eyes scanning up and down him as she did.

"First, what manner of crewman be you?" she asked. "Deckhand? What do you offa our ship? Second..." and now those eyes flick over to look piercingly at Etienne. "...what is dis about a job involvin' goblins?"

peterka99

First Post
Etienne realized he doesn't know a lot about the given mission. Maybe he is just too impulsive.

"I'm here to sell my wares. If I can improve my reputation just a little bit, it may help a lot. I don't think it may impact the crew anyway. I will be available tonight for the... next step."

Matthan

Explorer
Blaise caught the woman’s unblinking gaze and held it for a moment as she sized him up. He had seen magic in his time and while he respected it, he refused to bow down to it. “Milady, I presume you are Etienne’s captain then? The goblin job is merely from a public posting outside. I was headed out to get some more details, and Etienne graciously agreed to help me. It should just be a trifle. For myself, I am a gunner by trade, but,” he casts a glance towards Etienne, “I have found myself looking for a ship that is after more than just carrying goods from port to port. Tell me, what business are you about?”

Remove ads