D&D Icons of the Realms Starter Set

Alphastream

Adventurer
4 out of 5 rating for D&D Icons of the Realms Starter Set

The Starter Set minis are created by WizKids under a license with Wizards of the coast. The set contains the 5 race/class combinations found in the pregens for the 5E Starter Set, plus a Drizzt mini. The Starter Set minis have a nice gender balance to them, which is appreciated.The quality of the minis is similar to other WizKids licensed work. I'm not a huge fan of WizKids minis, so from my bias I saw these as better than I expected but not on par with my favorite DDM minis that Wizards used to sell. Fans of the Paizo minis will likely find the quality here to be similar. It is also worth noting that WizKids sells blind-packaged boxes of other minis, and each case includes one miniature which is a transparent "invisible" version of a playable race. This includes all of the minis in this Starter Set. Despite the rarity, the price of these invisible variants at online miniature retailers is not that bad (especially considering how other rare minis tend to be priced).

Henrix

Explorer
3 out of 5 rating for D&D Icons of the Realms Starter Set

These figures are not very impressive, but a good starter set of prepainted character minis.And yet another Drizzt. I know he's popular and all, but if you've been buying D&D plastic miniatures you probably have a couple of versions already.

was

Adventurer
3 out of 5 rating for D&D Icons of the Realms Starter Set

Checked out these minis at my local FLGS. They appear to be pretty average in quality and sculpts. Nothing spectacular. I could not convince myself to to purchase them.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
5 out of 5 rating for D&D Icons of the Realms Starter Set

I picked these up when I started getting into 5e, good details and usable minis for a game. For $20, great price point for the number of minis in the pack.

Remove ads