of things for japan, russia, france, and the US. I
don't need a lot of weapons, I just need basic names
and their coinciding stats. I was hoping that if you
were going to make a new equipment list for wwii d20,
then I was hoping I could get that from you. Thanks
Brandon

Katowice

Explorer
Yes, I was especially sad since I just finished his memoir of WWII just two months ago. I forget the title, but you can find it online or in your library. It really sheds a lot of light on the life of a "doggie" in WWII.

The Whiner Knight said:
Hey, Katowice -- you hear about Bill Mauldin? Sad, isn't it?

TWK

Katowice

Explorer
A good source of d20 stats for WWII (and the occult) is the Weird War II line by Pinnancle (www.peginc.com). So far, they have the following books:

Blood on the Rhine (Western Europe)
Afrika Korpse (North Africa)
Land of the Rising Dead (Pacific)
Hell Freezes Over (Russia--coming soon).

There's even a free adventure for download at their site.

Also, this guy has lots of stats and a table from the above products for weapons: http://www.mchome.net/dirk/weirdwars/

The websites for Medal of Honor (www.moh.ea.com) and Battlefield 1942 games have some descriptions of weapons and vehicles.

aurin777 said:
Hey there, recently I have also decided to run a WWII
themed d20 modern game, but I am going to be adding a
touch of the occult to give it a more evil and demonic
feel to it. I am going to start off with the game in
the midst of ww2, but slowly the PCs are going to find
themselves wrapped up in the paranormal side of the
war.. Ie ss creating superhumans and zombie nazis and
whatnot. I think it will run well, and with a little
Raiders of the Lost Ark feel, I am sure it will be a
sucess. But as I look over the material I have
acquired for my game, I realized that I do, as well,
need a list of vechiles and weapons for the WW2 side
of things for japan, russia, france, and the US. I
don't need a lot of weapons, I just need basic names
and their coinciding stats. I was hoping that if you
were going to make a new equipment list for wwii d20,
then I was hoping I could get that from you. Thanks
Brandon

aurin777

First Post
well Katowice, thank you very much for that. I'll do my best to track down the books from some people and snag the weapons pages out of them. It saves me a lot of work of doing historical research and then trying to assign stats to them. I may need to tweak them slightly to fit in with d20 modern rules, but once I get that all taken care of, I will post it back up for y'all. If anyone with the books wants to help me out, it'd be appreciated :)

Also, I have one more question (for the time being) to bother you all with. Now that my campaign is getting closer and closer to lifting off the ground (I did all the npc stats for my nazis today. 1/2 cr dedicated ordinaries are even better to kill than orcs) I now need miniatures for the game. I poked around on the internet for about forty-five minutes, and I couldn't find what I was looking for. I need about 20 assorted nazis, and then I was hoping to pick up like 5 japanese soldiers, 5 russians, 5 brits, 5 italians, 10 us soldiers, and then a slew of pcs set from the 40's. The webpages I found contained 15 mm wargaming figs, but I need well detailed RPG figs. I know I have seen some before back in the day when I was looking for alternate models to convert for my wh40k armies, but I cannot seem to find the same thing now. Anyone have any webpages I can order from? I'll love you forever.

~~Brandon (one step closer to stomping out the third reich)

aurin777

First Post
Well Katowice, I liked the UK minis that you posted first, and I ordered an entire heap of them, which promise to be sent out within 2 business days. The prices are good, too. About 2 bucks a fig.
While we are on the topic of answering all of my little questions *grin* I was hoping that someone could enlighten me with which exact issue of dungeon/poly magazine has (or will have) the "V is for Victory" or Dogfaces minigame in it. I want that so bad I can taste it.
~~~Brandon

Albert_Fish

First Post
check out www.GodlikeRPG.com particularly the links page ( http://www.godlikerpg.com/links.shtml ) and the downloads, especially the "Weapons of WWII" download. There there is, of course, Weird War by www.peginc.com.
There is also the great granddaddy of them all, Advanced Squad Leader.
This site for ASL has EVERYTHING!!!!!! http://www.wwiivehicles.com/ of course you will need to do some consersion ( but they are real life stats so its just converting from miles per hour to feet per round). you could also use the sleeping Imperium firearms rules so account for the various guns (a mauser is not a garand!)

ok, so what, i am a dork.

Remove ads