Any Bard Colleges out there

DavidFoxfire

First Post
I've amassed a handsome collection of homeruled Class Archetypes for me to use in my campaign, but there is one area that's sorely lacking. I've yet to find a single homeruled Bardic College. Anyone who has a link to them will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am playing a bard in 5e and I am looking for a bard college that can help me be more of a healer or one that is more for a half succubus type. Anyone have any suggestions for me? One of our healers dropped out and I was looking at the college lore but it just doesn't have somethings in it I like I am new to 5e yet. I don't have a lot of resources some homebrew colleges I seen are really not impressive.

G

Guest 6801328

I've been meaning to work on a "College of Black Magic" to see if the Witch archetype could fit under Bard.

Herosmith took a pass at "College of Psalms" as a sort of holy bard. I don't love how it came out but think the concept has a ton of potential.

I'd have to check them out. Its hard to find colleges for what I am asking especially one that would fit a half succubus. I am good with either or. If I knew the system better I would make one. It'd be nice to have some form of actual attack powers since I am more of a caster type. I've been depending on Cure Wounds (still a low level game) and my succubus racials to get by.

Last edited:

Herosmith took a pass at "College of Psalms" as a sort of holy bard. I don't love how it came out but think the concept has a ton of potential.

Ok I was looking at this College and I am a little confused it says:

Channel Divinity

By 6th level, whatever source from which you have been granted divine magic has allowed you power similar to that of other holy warriors. You gain one use of the Channel Divinity feature, which recharges at dawn, and may choose any two of the Channel Divinity options from the Cleric and Paladin classes.

Should you choose Turn Undead and or Arcane Abjuration, they count as Destroy Undead and Arcane Banishment respectively, and scale the same as with the Cleric class.

Holy Magic

By 14th level, you have learned even more secrets of the various holy warriors of the world, and secrets of their magic. You learn any two Domain, Oath, or Circle spells from the Cleric, Paladin, or Land Druid classes. The spells must be of a level you can cast, but they do count as bard spells for you.

----
at 6th level, I can choose like turn dead or the paladin one for (You gain one use of Channel Divinity feature), then it says you may choose any two of the channel divinity options from cleric and paladin. In the phb it says

Turn Undead and an effect determined by your domain. Some
domains grant you additional effects as you advance in
leveis, as noted in the domain description

So does that mean I can pass on the turn undead and select two domain abilities not spells? Domain Abilities reffering to: BLESSINGS OF KNOWLEDGE which scales so I can get the KNOWLEDGE OF THE AGES and Read thoughts? and another domain set abilities? If thats the case that is very well worh it.

and at 14 I can pick any 2 spells from the domain list? I don't actually get 2 domains just spells like 1 from knowledge and 1 from another domain spell list or two from knowledge? the 14th level one doesn't seem that impressive if you only can pick 2 spells period.

that is if I am understanding things correctly its just the 14th one is so-so 2 spells can be really good if you pick the right ones. Not sure if they would count as your bard spells per day or how you cast them either. pending how this works this could be perfect for the healing college I was hoping for its just like I said if I understand it right and the lvl 14th ones are iffy.

I just need this clearified, and look for anoher college that would work well with a succubus type, or like you mentioned about working on a black magic one.

Sorry for double posting.

ok I talked to the gm about the College of Psalms, they said no cause it steals too much from cleric. So anyone have any suggestion for a succubi bard college that that would most likely be approved other wise I'd have to go with the Lore College

John Bradford

First Post
I think that the GradeMiners reviews can be useful in that case. Those guys seem to know everything about college from the professional writers’ point of view. You have to know something about the company you are writing for. You can write anything without it. And I can safely say that all their texts are nice and well-written. All of them worked out just well. So, have a go. I would if I were you. Just read what they are writing about that question.

Remove ads