Pathfinder 1E [Pathfinder] airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords Reborn! IC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Frustrated that his sneaky rush didn't yield the results he wanted, Kelvyn grins mirthlessly at the commando and adjusts his grip on the borrowed mace. He slips the gobbo's blow and turns his sidestep into a sweeping attack with all of his considerable weight behind it. The heavy head slams into the goblin's side, eliciting a grunt from the wicked creature.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Power Attack (1d20+4=15) for Damage (1d8+9=16) (so, 13 damage).[/sblock]

Defense: 14, Critical Defense: +08, Armor DR: 5/Magic or Large, CMD: 19
Fort: +3, Reflex: +3, Will: +0

Initiative: +3, Perception: +0, Sense Motive: +0

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Mace

Abilities: Str 19, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
If the goblin commando looks able to fight on after Kelvyn's impressive blow, Nuko rushes up and tries to slice the enemy with his greataxe.

ooc: flank for additional +2 to hit if possible
attack [roll0], damage [roll1] [net 7 damage]

[sblock=pic]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

[sblock=Nuko ministats]Init +2, perception +2, sense motive +2
acid darts 6/7 (+2 ranged touch, 30', 1d6 acid)
greataxe +4 melee (1d12+3, crit 20/x3)
Defense 12, DR 4/armor; hp 9/9 (2 nonlethal damage)[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
As Jamir's javelin falls short of its mark, Thrindar whacks the goblin in the stomach, but he only grunts from the blow, shrugging most of it off and cursing in goblin.

Kelvyn's mace hammers into the commando's flank, knocking him reeling from his mount. A bit of green blood begins to trickle from his lips as it lays limp on the ground. The goblin dog lets out a vicious bark and prepares to lunge, but Nuko quickly flanks the creature and hews into it with his axe.

The remaining two goblins drop their weapons in a panic at the collapse of their leader and his mount. They dash out of sight in different directions, each rushing into a nearby alleyway.

"Well fought! If only I'd had the forethought to carry my sword!" the man in the blue doublet proclaims as he gets up from behind the barrel. "I daresay you have saved my life this day. You, with the axe and the magic. That was magnificent!" he cheers, gesturing to Nuko.

The man's nature of speaking is genteel, demonstrating a high-born upbringing, but the dirt on his shoes indicates he is no stranger to travel. "I am Aldern Foxglove, of Foxglove Manor. And I would be delighted to repay your kindness in what humble way I can. You look to have other things on your mind; I shan't keep you. But do look me up at the Rusty Dragon Inn when all this is finished." (Knowledge: nobility)

At this point, it is clear that most of the fighting is over. Cheers of men can be heard throughout the city along with the occasional pained cry of a goblin being cut down. You are within view of the North Gate, some hundred or so feet to the North, and it is shut and manned by Sandpoint guards. The banner of Sandpoint, a grey lighthouse against a dark blue sky, flies high from the post. You spy a handful of green-skinned figures lying prone on the ground nearby the gate.

OOC: End combat.

If you wish to pursue the two goblins you may, but you will have to decide on pursuing one or both. Pursuing both will necessitate splitting the party obviously, but you may want to deal with the NPC at hand instead as the goblins do not appear to pose much of a threat in their current state. It is common knowledge that once goblins flee from a fight, they run as far away as their legs can carry them, so they are unlikely to be a threat to anyone in town. And either way, I have awarded you full XP for defeating them.

If you check the two goblins on the ground, you find they have stabilized on their own at -1 (commando) and -10 hp (minion) respectively. The goblin dog dies unless someone wishes to intervene for some reason, and Foxglove's dog is already dead, a loss he mourns but honors as the dog gave its life for its master.

Feel free to go check on the gate. In the event you do, please narrate your interactions with Sergeant Vayan, a stern human woman who took charge of the gate when the fighting began; she informs you the gate is now secure and that many goblins have been reported fleeing to the north or even jumping off Junker's Edge to die on the rocks below rather than be captured. The battle is won!

Now is a good time to divide treasure and decide what to sell. You need not worry about the details of looting the bodies at this point. Assume for this event that you have time to go back and loot them and that they are untouched. All items found may be sold for 50% standard market price in Sandpoint or kept and used if you desire; again, you need not worry about the details. You may decide as a group the best means of dividing treasure.

Where the story goes from this point is up to you!

I suppose Aldern's doublet is actually more of a tan color, and it is his longcoat that is blue. So humor me if the description does not perfectly match the picture. :)

[sblock=Experience Point Rewards & Treasure]
Experience
Jamir: 615/1,300
Kelvyn: 577/1,300
Nuko: 557/1,300
Thrindar: 557/1,300
Jekyll (alt): 549/1,300

Treasure
(Items are Medium size or adaptable unless otherwise indicated. If taking 10 on Spellcraft succeeds in identifying the item, it has already been identified. Unidentified items are noted.)
Found among the goblin bodies in the Cathedral Square:
Small leather armor (6)
Small light wooden shield (6)
Small dogslicer (7)
Small short bow (7)
Small arrows (140)
Small studded leather armor
Small whip
potion of cure light wounds
20 gp

Gift from Father Zantus (I assume you return all borrowed items):
potion of cure light wounds

Found among the goblin bodies near the White Deer:
Small leather armor
Small light wooden shield
Small dogslicer
Small short bow (2)
Small arrows (20)
Small studded leather armor
Small masterwork horsechopper
Common riding kit for Medium-size mount (bit and bridle, a saddle, a saddle blanket, saddlebags, but no feed)
potion of moderate wounds[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jamir Rolande

BarloAvatar_zps186bb901.jpg

Jamir was not terribly interested in pursuing the two fleeing goblins. He could have tried casting one more javelin, but his aim was not terribly good and decided against the effort. He gathered up the javelins he had thrown and then put them into the quiver that held them.

He stood before the man they had rescued and offered his hand to shake, “I am Jamir Rolande. Tis a pleasure to have been a service to you, Mister Foxglove. It would appear that the battle is over and the goblin invasion thwarted.” The bard was not in a rush head off to check on things that appeared to be well in hand.

“Sorry about your dog. Would you like to execute that goblin there to avenge him?” Jamir gestured to the minion that was still breathing. The goblin warrior also looked to have survived as well.

He gestured to that one and said to his companions, “We might want to tie that one up and consider letting the authorities here interrogate the bugger. This whole invasion could have been really bad with the goblins in the town walls. They should have been stopped outside, I would have thought. They must have snuck in somehow.”

[sblock=Actions]Gathered up Javelins
Knowledge Nobility = 20 - Of course, NOW I roll something decent.[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats]Jamir Harkness
Init +6, Speed 30, Senses: Perception +3
Defense: 14, Touch 14, Flat-footed 10, CMD 16
Crit Def Bonus: +7, Crit Attack Bonus: +0
Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1
HP 9 (DR3/Armor); Current: 9
Conditions in effect: 30ft ranged Aid Another (+1 only) for 24 hours

Bardic Performances Remaining: 6/6
1st Level Spells (CLW, Grease): 1/2
Javelins Remaining: 5/5

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"Thanks, Mister Foxglove. I am Nuko. I'm new in town. I'll certainly stop by the Rusty Dragon" Nuko says.

"No executions, Jamir, the goblin is no longer a threat. We should simply take prisoners. I can cast a charm spell that may help to interrogate one of them."

He goes to check on the gate. "Hello. What happened here?" he asks the stern-looking woman in command.

She replies "The gate was open as no one expected goblins. I took charge of the defense. It's now secure and we sent many of them fleeing to the north. I've heard that some are even jumping off Junker's Edge to die on the rocks below rather than be captured."

He learns that her name is Sergeant Vayan as some of the guards come looking for orders.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"Hah! I had that very thought - about carrying my sword, that is! Well met, Ser Foxglove. Good that these wicked little imps were routed so easily, eh?"

Kelvyn looks at the mace in his hand, turning it over to inspect it before stooping to wipe goblin offal from the club head. "A decent enough weapon, this, but I believe I'll be returning it to the priest. I won't be caught without mine own again." He looks around to Nuko, Thrindar and Jamir. "Well fought, friends! Well fought!"
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Defense: 14, Critical Defense: +08, Armor DR: 5/Magic or Large, CMD: 19
Fort: +3, Reflex: +3, Will: +0

Initiative: +3, Perception: +0, Sense Motive: +0

Weapon in Hand: Heavy Mace

Abilities: Str 19, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10

Condition: None
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jamir Rolande

Jamir nodded when Nuko mentioned the Charm spell. “Certainly, that one there is a good candidate to interrogate.” He nudged the goblin commando with a boot.

However, Nuko had walked away and the bard looked at Foxglove shrugging, “Up to you on the other one.”. Neither of them took orders from the half-orc so he had no intention of stopping Foxglove if he wanted revenge on the nearly dead goblin grunt.

Jamir grinned a little sheepishly at the praise from the large warrior. “Well, thanks Kelvyn. But I really ahve not been pulling my weight as it were. It must be from draining my energy from dallying earlier. I guess it is not a good idea to roll in hay right before battling, eh.”

[sblock=MiniStats]Jamir Harkness
Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1

G

Guest 11456

Thrindar: Initiative +2 / Perception +3 / Sense Motive +3

The battle at last at an end and indeed the twon seemd to be safe once more, Thrindar breathed a sigh of relief. Although he had helped he had not faired as well as he might had hoped. But he had actually seen some combat. Not the role he had seen homself playing. A scholarly dwarf such as himself had not spent as much time training as some of the others, obviously. But back to the task at hand.

"I will take my leave for now. I need to return this equipment and get my own. But I would like the chance to speak further of these things. Perhaps the Rusty Dragon would be a good place to convene say in an hour or so?" He waves goodbye to the others and heads back to the cathedral to return the borrowed equipment.

Once he arrives at the cathedral he locates one of the acolytes and asks about Father Zantus. He learns that the good father has gone to heal some of the injured at the gate. So he returns the armor, shield and mace to the acolyte. "Tell Father Zantus that Thrindar thanks him for the loan of the equipment!" He then heads to his room at the Rusty Dragon to grab his own equipment. With the unrest brought on by the goblin attacks he does not wish to be caught off guard again. Once he is better equiped he heads to the tavern to wait get some food and drink.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Nuko
After discussing matters with Sgt. Vayan, she excuses herself to see to the remaining defenses around the town's perimeter and send a courier to Sheriff Hemlock. She thanks you for saving the man in the street and says she will be sure to mention your party's heroism to the Sheriff next she encounters him.

Thrindar
On his way to the Cathedral Square, it is quickly apparent to Thrindar that the people of the town have hidden themselves in their homes. As Thrindar arrives in Cathedral Square, he finds the place practically deserted. Inside the Cathedral is a different matter. Some of the wounded from the festival are being tended to by priests and others, and healers from other parts of town have been summoned to tend to the injuries. Fortunately, the casualties appear few.

"Ah, interrogate it or kill it, makes no difference. It shan't bring my dog back to life. Desna does not smile upon malice does she? Just between us though, I would slaughter the whole of their race if I could. Never been anything but cruel and violent creatures. I once knew a dwarf named Morgrym who said 'the only good goblin's a dead goblin,' and upon witnessing this day's events I confess I am forced to agree. Ah, well. I shall leave the goblin's fate in your hands this time. I must go check on my horse and my things back at the Rusty Dragon. I shall see you there later."

With that, Aldern departs. The town has grown very quiet and still. Apart from the occasional squeal of a goblin being cut down or leaping to death off the cliff, Sandpoint has almost become a ghost town. The only people on the streets are the occasional team of guards, either patrolling or chasing a suspected goblin down an alleyway.
OOC: Based on nearby events the two unconscious goblins at your feet may be the only captives. Any with Knowledge: local DC 5, would be aware that the town generally has a no-mercy policy towards goblins, which usually keeps them away. It is also commonly known (Knowledge: history DC 5) that a goblin attack like this is unprecedented in the town's history.

From this point it appears you have two decisions to make: 1) decide how to deal with the two unconscious goblins (this should be a group decision) and 2) decide where to go from here (the Rusty Dragon looks likely, but you can go anywhere on the Sandpoint map from the Player's Guide).

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jamir Rolande

“Alright, see you later at the Dragon, Mister Foxglove.”

With Thrindar taking off as well, Jamir looked to Kelvyn. The bard would just as well kill the really badly injured one instead of wasting healing energy on it.

“Well, that one is only garbage,” he nodded towards the one nearly dead. “You want to do the honors?”

“We can gather up the salvageable weapons and gear and drag the leader where we can interrogate him with the Sheriff perhaps. Nuko can spell the bugger, and I can speak the Goblin tongue, ugly language that it is.”
Jamir started looking over the dead goblins’ possessions and piling up the items of value.

[sblock=Actions]Gather loot[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats]Jamir Harkness
Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1

Remove ads