What was your first PC's name?

redkobold

Explorer
Maboli was a Magic User from 1e AD&D. He had 3 hit points and died almost immediately after casting his magic missile on a fire beetle who in turn bit him, thus slaying him. I cried ( I was maybe 6 or 7) but my older brother (the DM) let me continue by playing the fighter hireling, Thor, whom I had just hired. Thor lost an arm to an evil statue in the same adventure but otherwise survives to this day at 11th level. He eventually regained his arm.

I resurrected Maboli recently in 3e but have yet to play him. His demise demented him and now he is neutral evil instead of neutral good....

Kevin Chenevert

Breakdaddy

First Post
Hmmm, as I remember my first pc was a Dwarven Hearthwarrior named Beckett Stormm. He was a Basic D&D Red Box Dwarf. I cant find his charsheet, I wish I could, those were the days! :D

Tokiwong

First Post
Keith the First of many Keiths

My first PC's name was Keith, a Half-Elf Ranger who made it to 2nd level before the party got eaten by some creatures I forgot, but I was the leader and refused to pay their toll, we fought, and I lived, and then payed the toll for my own character and walked into town. It was fun, though I always envisioned him going out to search for the woman he lost, a beautiful healer.

Anyway that is my story.

Last edited:

BluWolf

Explorer
Groman Lathea the King Thief. He was some gawd awful multiclass munchi monstrosity from 1980. Kept around as an not very interesting NPC in my homebrew. I still have a copy of the character.

His most embarrassing claim to fame was he had the Artifact Johydee's mask.

Live and learn.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Oni said:
You could have done a lot worse for a namesake, though I was always partial to Skywise myself.

OK, well my first character was an elf named Skywise, obviously taken from Elfquest. He is an elf cleric, and I played him regularly in that group for eight years. I still have the original character sheet, and last played him three years ago at that group's 20th Anniversary Game.

My first character's name was Tropicana. I was 13, he was a hobgoblin, and the Monster Manual said hobgoblins had orange skin, so...

Keep in mind this was a group that spawned characters named Giggles the Paladin, Squeaky the Dwarven Bard, Bambi, Mojo, Ringo, Wart, Liver Fluke, Gordon Lightfoot, Metallica, John the Duke of Wayne, and others that escape me at the moment.

We were very, very silly. :D

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Bless you for the thread. You made me dig out my old, bright orange three-ring binder from high school. The pages are yellowed but the memories remain.

The first character worth remembering was Farendil, an AD&D magic-user/fighter. His level was apparently 12(13)/9 though I don't know what the parenthetical level was. Alternate Lord of the Rings world during the end of the Third Age.

Apparently I had a broken harp. There is a huge note for me, reminding me DO NOT PLAY THE HARP.

Ah, what a campaign that was. The first GM that I would now properly call a Rat Bastard...

Now next to that character sheet is pseudocode for a simplistic means to find prime numbers. Go figure.

John

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Spears, half-orc hero

My first PC was a half-orc simply called Spears. He was raised by a tribe of halfling-like demihumans, a race I call the Tigé, that live a wild, wandering existance.

He started out as a fighter in 2E and is now one of the heroes of legend in my Time of Ages campaign known as the Lions of Malecade. In 3E, he is a 11th level fighter, 9th level cleric.

His favorite weapon is a wild magic-shaped dagger known simply as The Blade, which also transformed him into a half-elf for a time. He rode a giant cat mount early on in his life, which died fighting, as the two of them fought against a surprise assault from a band of evil humanoids.

Last edited:

Prince Atom

Explorer
My first ever character was a wood elf ranger named Olfar. The group promptly dubbed him "OldFart" and proceeded to heckle him gently ("Woody" was a favorite epithet).

My first ongoing character was in Palladium FRPG. We were just having fun on Saturday nights, boy am I nostalgic ... anyway, this second character was a knight by the name of Sir Chad. We played through three semesters of college. By the end of it, Sir Chad was the sole original character; others had retired or been blown up by a room full of explosive glyphs, or devoured by carnivorous beetles or simply rent limb from limb. Sir Chad was still there, a little the worse for wear (his IQ had suffered from near-death trauma) but still plugging away.

*Sigh*

No one else has lasted me that long.... and both Olfar and Sir Chad have become NPCs in my various games. My College-level group instantly dubbed Olfar "OldFart" and proceeded to heckle him gently....

TWK

Ruined

Explorer
I've seen a few combinations of this, so I wonder if it's from the same source.

Dirk the Daring.

Yep, took it straight from the good ol' Dragon's Lair video game. Ahh, the memories. Human Fighter, of course.

Remove ads