Places for a Terminator Showdown?

VixenofVenus

First Post
I'm running a d20 Modern game using a modified version of the Terminator: Future Fate ...

But I need some suggestions on a MODERN DAY place for a Final Encounter with a T-800 and the group of Tech-Com sent back to save a scientist targeted by Skynet.

So if you know a document or place that has tons of great locations ... set me up with it ... or if you have a good idea ... post it here!

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Well, you could combine the futuristic with the anachronistic and set it in a cave. One of the big ones in Kentucky or Arizona, with lots of weird rock formations.
Or for a more conventional setting, try the scaffolding of a building being constructed.

Demiurge out.

VixenofVenus

First Post
Thanks demiurge ... the cave idea is neat, but I want something more in keeping with the Movie theming ... keeping it in the Los Angeles area ... or Southern California area.

So the Scaffolding of a building is interesting ... I'll think about that one ... since I have until next Saturday.

VixenofVenus

First Post
Thanks again ... but as it's going to end up probably ... it looks like the final showdown will end up at an old Ranch house east of Sacramento ...

Thanks again for the suggestion though ... I might have a chance to work it in before hand though :)

VixenofVenus

First Post
Just if you wanted to know ... you can check out how it went by going to our website ... http://pub37.ezboard.com/bkotdtnnuchapter and then going to the Roleplaying Forum and clicking on the 'You're Terminated Mutha-Bleepa' thread ... it's the whole adventure ... the players were doing it real time in MSN Chat ... and I copy pasted periodically into posts on our site so we can point at people and go .... "You totally already had a great diversion, why the hell did you pull the gun on them!?"

Hehe, thanks for the help though ...

Celebrim

Legend
Traditionally, the Terminator series finishes in a factory complex or other highly mechanical and hazardous setting.

1) A power plant, either built into a dam, or a natural gas powered plant. Feature high power lines and massive spinning turbines. For added lethality, a nuclear plant (though that might push things too heavily in favor of the Terminator unit).

2) A fertilizer plant. Feature vats of nitric acid and massive nitro-phosphate explosions.

3) A rice mill. Feature conveyer belts, silos of rice (asphixiation), and explosions from rice dust (more deadly than you think).

4) A concrete casting plant. Feature cranes, huge concrete pipes (rolling or falling), and vats of liquid concrete.

5) A munitions plant. Obvious.

6) A quarry or open pit mine. Massive heavy machinery of all sorts, acid waste, 400' deep pools of water, sheer cliffs.

7) A logging operation. Heavy machinery, mechanized saws, chainsaws, moving trees, logs floating in the water.

8) An amusement park or state fair. Rides, amusements, animatronics, etc.

reason

First Post
Some more:

1) near-future volcano research center (with drilling into the volcano core, ongoing lava flows, eruption in near future...). This works well in Seattle in 10 years time.

2) Near-future water-injection facilities on the san andres fault (designed to prevent quakes; think huge pipes, major pumps, lots of concrete and deep tunnels). Designed to prevent earthquakes by letting the fault edges ride over one another.

Reason

Remove ads