D&D 5E CB's Stonefast IC -- COMPLETE

Skarsgard

Explorer
Colden Moor

"If you mean us no harm then step into the light!" Colden calls out.

Looking over to Guran he whispers "Can you make it out?"

Well aware that his flaming torch will make him an easy target anyway he moves out into the hallway, cocking his handaxe ready for signs of treachery.

HoJo

First Post
Eldon turns from the pedestal after hearing the voice. When he sees the oddly dressed halfling he says "What is your purpose here?"

When Eldon's inspection turned up no cause for concern, Fulgrim approached the pedestal and began reading the book.

The pedestal is three feet tall, making it a good match for Fulgrim's height. When Fulgrim approaches, he sees that the book is written in an older dialect of dwarven. Even so, the text is intelligible. The book appears to be a guestbook of sorts; it contains entries of visitors' names. Most of the names are of dwarves, but the two pages Fulgrim can see of the open tome also contain three human and one elf name.

The book is leather-bound, mithril-leafed on the edges of its pages, and looks like it might contain two or three hundred pages total. For being in an abandoned holdfast, it is in remarkably good condition.

The Halfling steps into the light.
"Greetings, I'm Roscoe, a hunter from the pointy toes clan, we live to the east of the mountains. I've been tracking a fierce beast that attacked the clan three days ago, leaving three young lads and two elders dead. I never saw the beast but the horrible marks of claws and sharp fangs were observed on the bodies. I tracked the creature to the mountains and found this entrance and similar marks on the walls. I came yesterday and decided to rest in the opened room back there. when I heard you coming in, I blew my torch off. The dwarf was quite noisy and I was afraid that someone hostile is approaching.
Where do you hail from champs?"

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
When the sounds of battle fail to appear, Fulgrim ignores the new arrival in favor of continuing to examine the book. Quietly, the dwarf mutters, "Perhaps I will find some record of the Ironfist mages in here. Something to examine at a later point in time, perhaps."

The mage secures the book and slips it into his pack for future perusal.

Turning to the others he said, "It appears to be a logbook of visitors to Stonefast. I am taking the tome to examine whenever we find time to rest."

Nodding to the halfling, he concluded, "Well, I imagine we'll run across your target at some point if you would like to join us. Do you have any additional information about this beast? I am named Fulgrim Ironfist, by the way."

Last edited:

HoJo

First Post
Eldon is both excited to see another halfling and nervous that he is asking about where he is from. He knows it is probably innocent enough but remains silent, pretending not to have heard him.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"I will admit to being noisy," Guran offers gruffly in an attempt at sounding agreeable.

"We each came from different places, but we met and formed up as a group at an inn in Luskan."

Guran looks at the new halfling more clearly in the torchlight. "Nice choice of weapon," he adds, indicating his own shortsword, still in its sheath.

[OOC: Why not? I bolded Guran's speech text (above) to make it look louder.]

Forged Fury

First Post
Fearing his question had been lost in the conversation, or possibly to the failings of slower minds, Fulgrim repeated himself a bit more slowly, "Do you have anymore information on this beast, Roscoe?"

Guran and Colden hear scuttling. The sound sharper than before, and coming from the 10'-wide corridor that runs north-south on the far eastern end of the hallway you're currently in. Before either Guran or Colden can forewarn the group, however, a giant beetle barrels around the far eastern corner of the corridor and skids to a halt at the intersection of the west-east hallway and the corridor, its mandibles clacking. The beetle is larger than Colden, even, and has a carapace that appears to be thickly armored. No one is caught surprised.

beetle_by_sarafinconcepts-d510dpk.jpg

Everyone roll Initiative, please. If you would like me to roll Init for you, please indicate what your check goes at.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases