Some Two Weapon Fighting and Thrown Weapon Feats

Rahkan

First Post
Two As One
Benefit : The character chooses two melee weapons. When the character is wielding both of them, one in his primary hand and one in his off-hand, he fights as if any weapon specific feats (such as Weapon Focus or Improved Criticals) that he possesses for one of the weapons is also possessed for the other weapon. Thus a character with Two as One (Light Mace + Dagger) and Weapon Focus (Dagger), who was wielding a dagger in his off hand and a light mace in his primary hand, gains the benefit of Weapon Focus (+1 to all Attack Rolls) for attacks made with the Light Mace as well as those with the Dagger.

Well-Placed Strikes
Benefit : The character can add his dexterity modifier to damage rolls for successful melee attacks instead of his strength modifier.

Off-Hand Throw
Prerequisite :Two-Weapon Fighting
Benefit : Ranged attacks with the off-hand are affected by the Two-Weapon Fighting and Improved Two-Weapon Fighting feats. Thus a character with Two Weapon Fighting could throw a throwing axe with his off-hand at -8 penalty instead of -10. If he had the Improved Two-Weapon Fighting feat the second off-hand attack allowed by that feat could be a ranged attack (provided the character had the quick-draw feat and could thus could draw a second ranged weapon without taking a standard action).
Normal: Typically only Ambidexterity affects off-hand ranged attacks.

Quickly Slashing
Prerequisite : BAB +9, Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting, and Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Benefit : If the character has a weapon in both hands he may attack once with each of them (for a total of two attacks) for the following situations: The attack at the end of a charge or partial charge, standard actions, and Attacks of Opportunity. These attacks are made at the highest attack bonus (modified for fighting with two weapons).
Normal: A character only gets one attack at the end of charges, in standard actions, or for an Attack of Opportunity

Inverse Thinking
Prerequisite : Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Benefit : A character wielding a weapon with a blunt end, grip, or handle, as a double weapon with that bottom end being a 1d6/2x blunt weapon.

Tossing Out The Sink
Prerequisite :BAB +4, Point Blank Shot
Benefit : You can throw any melee weapon that you can wield. Treat it as a thrown ranged weapon with an increment of 10 feet.

Ranged Trip and Ranged Disarm
Prerequisite : Improved Trip and Improved Disarm
Benefit : You may make disarm and trip attacks with ranged weapons as long as the target is within 30 feet. The target may not attempt to trip or disarm you in return.

Thrown Weapons Mastery
Prerequisite :BAB +10, Four Weapon Specific Feats for thrown weapon.
Benefit : You can treat any weapon specific feat you have for a thrown weapon as if you had it for every thrown weapon. These feats only apply to other weapons (as in, not the weapon for which they were taken) when those other weapons are being thrown. If one has Weapon Focus (dagger) it does not apply to melee attacks with spears, but it does apply if one throws a spear.

Last edited:

SamuraiY

First Post
I don't think two as one should work. not to be mean or anything, but i just can't see a player becoming extremely skilled in a weapon, but only as long as he has it in his off hand and a weapon he is extremely skilled in in the other one. that just doesn't make sense to me.

The rest are a little confusing, but they seem mostly ok.

Rahkan

First Post
The idea is just to make it so that not every dual-wielder has to use the same weapon in both hands. I think of it more as a mastery in the two weapon style of fighting, such that his two weapons become like a single weapon.

skymage

Explorer
what i think

as a fan of two weapon fighting and throwing weapons i like the idea of some of these feats, but i feel they could use some rewording.

my vision of two as one and thrown weapons mastery would be quite different then what you have. i would add thrown weapons and two weapons as new weapons that can be used with existing feats.

ex
two weapon focus
benefit when making an attack with 2 weapons you are proficient with you get +1 to all attacks

throwing weapon spec
prerequisite fighter level 4+ thrown weapon focus
benefit when making an attack with a thrown weapon you are proficient with add +2 damage to each attack

i think making the feats require 2 weapons or thrown weapons to be used would offset the ability change which weapons the the feats apply to. they wouldn't stack with other feats that give bonuses to specific weapons. in other words some one with weapon spec dagger and thrown weapon spec wouldn't get +4 damage.

quickly slashing is to strong as you have it. i'd say split it up into multiple feats one for each situation.

inverse thinking is fine

tossing out the sink already exists in sword and fist it's called throw anything has the prerequisits BAB +2 and dex 15

off hand throwing i feel should be a house rule or a prestige class perhaps allow ranged two weapon fighting or just allow two weapon fighting to apply to all attacks.

i personally like to make a prestige class out of it i can think of plenty of abilities to give a throwing weapon prestige class.

i just don't like well placed strike. i wouldn't allow it as anything less then an epic feat.

i would allow a dex based power attack useable only with launched weapons or thrown weapons. i also think it makes more sense with the name well placed strike. vulnerable spots tend to be small and are harder to hit.

these are just my opinions i'd like to hear how you feel about my suggestions, and sorry for reviewing your feats out of order.

Noldor Elf

First Post
One fix for Two as one could be making it limited to the single combination of weapons that can be chosen when the feat is taken (like long sword + short sword, short sword + dagger, handaxe + light mace)

Quickly slashing is cool feat but too powerfull. Perhaps allowing two attacks at the end of the charge only and different feat for AoOs, Combat reflexes as one prequisite... Maybe two strikes would use two AoOs?

IS ranged trip and ranged disarm two separate feats?

Rahkan

First Post
Re: what i think

Well-Placed Strike - I'm quizzical about objections to this one. In my view it just puts the dex-fighter on par with the strength-fighter. The former can use dex as a bonus to damage and attack at the cost of two feats (Well-Placed Strike and Weapon Finesse), while gaining high armor class with dex. The latter can use strength for high attack and damage and cover up his armor class deficiencies with armor, while at the cost of the penalties for wearing heavy armor. It seems like, considering that Weapon Finesse only applies to the worse of weapons, the Dex Fighter is still on the bottom even with this feat.

I like the idea of two as one being useable for a combination of weapons. I'll edit the original post for this as soon as possible

I'm working on a throwing weapons prestige class. I'll post it here soon. Now on the bulk of my post.

skymage said:
i would add...two weapons as new weapons that can be used with existing feats.

I have a feeling this might be too powerful, since then one could gain the benefits of these feats, which are limited to a specific weapon for balance reasons, to any weapon including all the really neat exotic ones that or any sword...etc, as long as one was also using a weapon, again any weapon, in the off-hand. Then there is also the question of stacking, since a bonus could concievably be gained both for a regular weapon focus, and because one possesses the weapon focus (two-weapon fighting) feat. This issue is of course not addressed either by myself or you. I guess I thought my version might be balanced because the off-hand attack is A. Inherently less powerful than the primary hand, B. typically for a light (and thus weaker) weapon.

I see no problem with the issue of doing this for Throwing Weapons since the latter seem to be both much weaker than melee weapons and generally equivalent with each other. In fact this is basically what Throwing Weapons Mastery does, only at the cost of a feat.

As for Quickly Slashing, It is there to address the fact that a two-weapon fighter is much weaker, as one of those spring attacking types, than a person wielding a greatsword. The person with the greatsword has a weapon that does the same base damage as the sum of the base damage of two short swords (2d6) plus 1.5 times the strength modifer with each hit and can be used in situations where the character only gets one attack. However, a dual wielder in these situations makes one longsword attack (at best) at -2, and does only 1d8 + 1 times the strength modifer.

The only conclusion to be drawn from this is that a fighter who prefers to spring attack and run around and dart in and out for damage is much better off wielding a greatsword than two of any weapon. However if he wants to stand in one place and hack people down he should use the two-weapons since in those cases the fact that he gets two attack rolls, greater chance of a critical and that his weapon specialization, etc, bonuses apply twice makes an extra attack more beneficial.

Still, allowing two attacks to be used in these places is undeniably a power-up, since it makes the two-weapon fighter more powerful in all situations than a greatsword wielder. Even remembering that it is a mid-level feat that even a pure fighter can only get by level 9. I would prefer not to split it up, since it makes it harder for rangers to take the feat (the quintessential dual wielders), how about balancing it with penalties to hit instead? (bearing in mind that they still have the -2 two-weapon penalty that can never be erased.

Ed- Edited for a silly mistake

Last edited:

Father Reid

First Post
Inverse Thinking

Inverse Thinking - I like the concept but think it needs some work. It needs to be limited to two handed weapons. A perfect example would be a spear which is really a quarterstaff and dagger combo. You should not need a feat for this weapon. All polearms, spear, staff should fall into this category.

Inverse Thinking would only apply to Two handed weapon that make sense. two handed is relaly the only weapon you could use this feat for. A heavy Flail and Great Axe are two heavy on the end to make it effective to use the other end as a weapon.

Comments

Father Reid

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases