Relic Hunters in Tekumel (IC)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Angelina laughed. "I am not opposed to that Zep, but right now we have a job to do. Perhaps when we're done here you can have a little sport," she said with a grin.

Her eyes narrowed as she got back to business, inspecting the room looking for trouble areas. "That statue bothers me, let us show extra caution there." She goes forward first, continuing to check for traps where necessary, heading towards the stone statue.

"It certainly doesn't look like anyone's been here in quite some time. Yolkana, did they give you any specific information about this place?"

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Yolkana's face gives way to agitation as a range of emotions seem to be fighting within her, "We have to be wary, for it looks as if this place is frequented by the hlutgru, four-armed flesh-eating beasts of some strength. Those dried round pellets on the floor aren't shriveled fruits from the vines, but instead hlutgru droppings. I would guess that they come in through the openings in the ceiling. As for the temple, I fear to invoke the name I suspect until I see more. Names and ideas have power in such a place, and if I invoke the wrong name, there could be a violent response. I will tell you a story, however. The gods and spirits that we believe in walk this world and interact with its people. Most of these gods are monstrous in body and appearance, but they are easily recognized and an intelligent woman can act accordingly to avoid harm or at least diminish it. But there are some that look Tsoylani and act Tsoylani, but they are hollow where hearts should lie. One such goddess used to rule in such a place untold generations ago, when this swamp was a fertile plain. Her influence waned over the years as the surrounding ground became sick from her influence; her followers dwindled in number and degenerated in mind, and her power fell with them, as her sorcery required human essence for fuel.

A warrior prince, handsome and bold, heard of the goddess' dying, cursed land and the collected treasures of her kingdom and came adventuring out of a mixture of curiosity and daring. Instead of empty, fallen temple, he found cannibalistic cultists which challenged his might, and traps that tested his wits. Until finally he came upon the central chamber and found the sleeping ruler of the land in all her dark, frightening beauty. There they did battle over her hoard of treasure, and in the end he defeated her magics, caused her to flee in a rage, and stole the last wealth of her kingdom in order to start a kingdom of his own.

But one does not stare into the eyes of a goddess and come away unchanged. Upon his successful return, the prince became further and further withdrawn, staring often in the direction of the temple as he grew increasingly wain. The goddess called to him in his nightmares and haunted him in his waking hours. The prince resisted, for both men and women who fell to the clutches of the goddess started as playthings and ended as sacrifices. But at last the prince went missing one night, evading his guards and brothers, and it is said he finally gave himself to the fearful goddess, where his body was torn apart on top of her altar and his soul kept as a special piece of jewelry; a shimmering sphere that she would forever be able to stare into to taunt and torment."

This is the most Yolkana has spoken to you this entire journey. You can see the fear plainly on her face, but also a different and odd emotion that seems to resonate from her. Hope.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
"Sounds like the prince got what he deserved to me. I think I like this goddess." Zephia smirks. Something about this place was bringing out her bloodthirsty side - or maybe she was still eager to shed blood after what happened earlier.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Well, so it's been... some time. Any chance we could get this going again? I realize we most most of our players, including myself for a while. But I'm back now and loved the premise and style of game here. Let me know DT :D

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Of course. It seemed everyone got busy, so I had stopped, but if there are two or more of you that would like to wrap this up, then no problem. You really only have one short and one long encounter left in this chapter.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Well it looks like it's only me then. I could probably get Fenris over here though that kinda breaks the all girl vibe.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Give it a couple more days, since I have to pull my notes together anyway. We have time. I can make it 1-on-1 with longer DM posts so we can do a quick wrap-up, then see if there is renewed interest with a second female crew.

Remove ads