Monte Cook is Making a Movie! [Udated with TEASER TRAILER]

Well, more accurately a Swedish film company is making a movie based on Monte Cook Games' Numenera setting. Back in 2012, when Numenera was but a glimmer in Monte Cook's eye, one of the higher stretch goals was that if the Kickstarter hit half a million dollars, Monte would produce a Numenera short film. At the time he was unsure of what form that would take - live action, animated, etc. Fast forward to 2015, and a Swedish group is producing Numenera Strand, a live-action 6-minute short! Most of the film has already been shot, and they're using Kickstarter to fund the roughly $35,000 equivalent to dramatically improve visual effects and other elements of the film.

Well, more accurately a Swedish film company is making a movie based on Monte Cook Games' Numenera setting. Back in 2012, when Numenera was but a glimmer in Monte Cook's eye, one of the higher stretch goals was that if the Kickstarter hit half a million dollars, Monte would produce a Numenera short film. At the time he was unsure of what form that would take - live action, animated, etc. Fast forward to 2015, and a Swedish group is producing Numenera Strand, a live-action 6-minute short! Most of the film has already been shot, and they're using Kickstarter to fund the roughly $35,000 equivalent to dramatically improve visual effects and other elements of the film.

"A drifter/scavenger roams a desolate beach in the Ninth World looking for useful items and stumbles upon an artifact of the numenera. This starts a chain of events that leads to an experience that changes the very essence of his being." Click on the fim poster below to jump straight to the Kickstarter!

The fundraising is using Swedish Kroner. kr80 is about $10, making the kr37,045 goal about $35,000.

10927167_595666723911780_8966332533029852064_o.jpg

[video=youtube;TUBRDganHcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUBRDganHcA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
This looks pretty cool. Barely get together to game as it is , so we haven't played this (and probably never will), but the world interests me a lot.

I also think I will get the book as I love looking at different mechanics.

So glad something like this get to be realised as a film. So many good games would benefit from this.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Uhm, the goal is actually 290,000 SEK. And the way the swedish krona is going these days, that is only a little over 33,000 USD.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Anything that tingles my sci-fantasy bone is cool. And if you've been digging into Netflix, you'll know that those Scandinavians can produce some really good stuff.

painted_klown

First Post
Very cool. I will be excited to see this short, when it becomes available. One thing I find attractive about Numenera is the beautiful artwork. It has a vibe that truly gets my imagination working and "transports" me into it's world. It's definitely something I would like to see realized on screen. :)

numenera_strand

First Post
Hey everyone!

Thank you so much for all the supporting words you're putting out there. We are loving the feedback on our Kickstarter campaign and our hoping you'll keep helping us spreading the word!!!

We'll be posting an update today so check in for some fun info.

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/numenerastrand/numenera-strand
Facebook: facebook.com/numenerastrand
Twitter: numenerastrand

Thanks and hope you're having an awesome Friday!

Best,

Numenera Strand team

Remove ads

Remove ads