Raiders of the Twilight Marsh

Kroad

First Post
4 out of 5 rating for Raiders of the Twilight Marsh

Played at winter fantasy with 3 members of my gaming group, but we had decidedly different experiences as we had to split up among different tables. Since they will not be reviewing it, this rating will reflect the compound view of our experiences.

This is a pretty straightforward scenario, ending as you might expect given the description. That said, it is very well-written, and includes several fun fights and a great role playing opportunity that directly impacts how the rest of the scenario plays itself out. Unfortunately my table and I made all of the wrong choices, and as a result were unable to complete the adventure with a somewhat poorly balanced party of 6 level 5-6 characters. Although the end result was disappointing, it did make sense in the context of the choices we made so I cannot really fault the author (DM could have been a bit more helpful, but was certainly fair).

My friends made better choices and had more optimized tables, and had truly epic (and successful) final battles. I was quite jealous when we debriefed at the end.

As a result of my experiences I'd rate the scenario a 4, but my friends would call it a 5. Notwithstanding my own frustrations, this is an adventure I would recommend for all.

Last edited:

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
3 out of 5 rating for Raiders of the Twilight Marsh

Earlier in the Tyranny of Dragon season , Drums in the Marsh was released. It was probably the first time a locale other than Phlan had been detailed in the Expeditions storyline. The Twilight Marsh was a haven for multiple Lizardmen tribes as well as your usual repiles and other beats, while bordered by small farms and relatively close to Phlan. Raiders of the Twlight Marsh is aimed at Tier 2 adventurers.. that is Characters of levels 5-10 and is a bit more high stakes, with the party being asked to retrieve a certain item from the current ruler of the Marsh.. a Black Dragon. In doing so the party gets to meet with an npc is a tense standoff, travel to visit with some solitary ladies living in the swamp to finally infiltrating a Temple all but overrun by the Marsh itself. Its a fairly interesting journey depending on your party makeup. I wont like, I found the discussion with the solitary sisters in the Swamp the most interesting encounter in the whole adventure. The individual Party members will respond in different ways of course, but this part opens up a plethora of options for the PCS. The final set of encounters can also go different ways, but generally will involve the Party facing off against a Black Dragon menace. Its a good challenging encounter and one that did indeed challenge my players. Id definetly run this one again, my only disappointment is that the same level to detail for the Marsh isnt present in this scenario like it was in Drums.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases