D&D 5E [D&D 5E] Tattered Memories: An Adventure in Tethyr (COMPLETE)

Forged Fury

First Post
Round 5

With their opponent cowering, Greycastle said, "Thanks for the assistance, lets get the last of these louts."

Brue shot a happy smile at Greycastle, then picked her new target. Of the four combatants left, the man with the club looked worse for the wear, true, but the big lout with balled-up fists seemed to be in need of some hurt. You, she thought. Brue dashed toward the group of four, swinging at the unarmed man and connecting solidly, dropping him where he stood.

Greycastle followed in the woman's wake. Hoping to eliminate any possibility of unintended fatalities, the old paladin took a swipe at the final club-wielding assailant but missed. Trading blows, the club-wielder managed to clip Greycastle's arm. The paladin frowned in a patronizing manner in return.

Witnessing the force of nature named Brue, one of the remaining unarmed assailants stopped fighting his opponent and attempted to shove her, hoping to knock the woman down and flee. Brue nimbly dodged the man's attempt to knock her down and struck him a solid blow to the side as he turned to run away. The blow knocked the man within reach of Greycastle, who finished him off with an overhand smash to the skull.

[sblock=Rolls]
GM: Combat
T6: 12 HIT vs. T3 Shove Brue
Greycastle 3 & T5: 14 HIT vs. T4 13 HIT (Club) & Brue 15 HIT
[/sblock]
GM: Status
Greycastle: -3/??
Brue: -1/??
T1: 1/11 (Prone/Surrendered)
T2: 0/11 (KO)
T3: 0/11 (KO)
T4: 2/11
T5: 0/11 (KO)
T6: 5/11
T7: 0/11 (KO)
T8: 0/11 (KO)

OOC: Greycastle has not been very impressive in this fight. I guess I should have him smite someone for kicks.

Last edited:

[section]Brue shot a happy smile at Greycastle, then picked her new target. Of the four combatants left, the man with the club looked worse for the wear, true, but the big lout with balled-up fists seemed to be in need of some hurt. You, she thought. Brue dashed toward the group of four, swinging at the unarmed man.[/section]
OOC: Gunning for T5.

[roll0] and [roll1]

Forged Fury

First Post
GM: Round 5 updated above: Brue needs to defend against the shove with either a Strength (Athletics) or a Dexterity (Acrobatics) check, just tell me which one you are attempting. You may also use your Reaction to attack the person who shoved you since he is trying to run away after he pushes you, so go ahead and roll two D20s if you want to perform an OA due to the fact it would be made at disadvantage if you fail the check and end up prone. If you pass the check, I'll use the first roll.

Last edited:

[section]Brue lurched forward when the fleeing man pushed her. She tried to steady herself and use her momentum to trip him, all at the same time.[/section]
OOC: Can I trip that f-cker? Also, I would pay good money to see Greycastle smite someone.

Dexterity (Acrobatics) [roll0] and Attack/Reaction [roll1].

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: By RAW, it seems like you have to use the Attack action to shove, rather than being able to use a Reaction. The only places where I see this varying are in feats (Shield Master, for instance). With that said, I'm open to allowing it. Just remember that, since he hasn't actually moved, he can still stand up this round and move 15' after you pushed him prone.

Ultimately, it's up to you. Just let me know if you want to push him down or hit him with your truncheon. You managed to dodge his sad attempt at a shove, so the second 14 will stand as either a Strength (Athletics) check to Shove or an attack roll to hit.

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Not to worry, the guy had to run by Greycastle, who knocked him out with his OA.

With the odds now numerically even, the remaining two combatants knew they were outmatched. "Drop the damn club, Tomas!" Greycastle sternly shouted. The silence that followed was broken by the clattering of a stout wooden stick dropping to the floor and the cursing of at least one person who just lost a wager. "What in Helm's Gaze is the meaning of all this?"

Before any of the miscreants could respond, the woman who had been standing behind the bar walked up to Greycastle. Red-faced, the slightly plump blonde woman jabbed a finger into Tomas' bruised chest. "Damn all of you! It isn't enough that we've got to deal with this plague, but now we have to deal with you hot-headed idiots tearing up the place?" Pointing to the man and the unconscious bodies littering the floor, she shouted, "All of you are banned from the Nymph until further notice." Crossing her arms beneath her chest, she scowled at the men.

Straightening his tunic, Greycastle added, "...and the eight of you are going to repay Janelle for everything you broke. That's on top of the Pyre duty you're all going to pull. Helm, what started all of this?"

Sheepishly, the other man standing spoke up. "You see, Lawkeeper, it were like this. Thom," he gestured at one of the unconscious men on the ground, "was a little deep in his cups and made a crack about Lews' wife." Pointing to the unconscious man who had been wielding the knife, he continued, "Lews didn't take too kindly to that on account of that fact his old lady died of the plague yesterday. Out for blood, he was. He attacked Thom and, well, the rest is probably pretty obvious."

Shaking his head in annoyance, Greycastle replied, "Get these idiots out of here. Four of you are to report to Vials at midnight, the other four the following night. You're going to alternate until the end of the week. Better bring your bandannas. Now get out of here, I'll have Janelle draft up a bill."

"Thank you, Lawkeeper," Janelle said, "they were about halfway to destroying the Nymph before you showed up. You too," she said, looking in Brue's direction, but not quite sure of what she was seeing. "While the Lawkeeper doesn't drink, you're welcome to a pint on the house whenever you want."

As the two men began working to wake up the men who had been knocked out, Greycastle looked at Brue. "Good work, I haven't seen such skilled fighting since the Reclamation Wars. Quite impressive, though judging by your footwork, I don't think swinging a truncheon is your usual style. Let's go back to my house and have a chat. I may have some work for you... give you something to do until this quarantine gets lifted."

Remove ads