The Dwarves of Demrel (Kickstarter Movie)

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Looks great. No cheesy Hollywood tricks - just storytelling.

I couldn't help but think of the video game trailer that had a hairless (?) dwarf in it...he was being interrogated? Can anyone point me to that?

Ryujin

Legend
I had a little exchange with Zach (one of the creators) and he seemed genuinely surprised that there's a thriving community of creators of such content. Hopefully it helped him because the best supporters of such work, are others who are already doing it.

Wicht

Hero
I had a little exchange with Zach (one of the creators) and he seemed genuinely surprised that there's a thriving community of creators of such content.

Do you mean fantasy content? Or similar movies? Because if there is a thriving community putting out movies like this, I really wouldn't mind knowing about it. :)

Ryujin

Legend
Do you mean fantasy content? Or similar movies? Because if there is a thriving community putting out movies like this, I really wouldn't mind knowing about it. :)

I mean a group of somewhat interconnected indie film producers who are doing everything from straight up comedy, to genre based comedy, to drama. Eventually they all seem to become aware of each other, even working together on occasion, and helping to get the word out on the projects that other groups are working on. On the fantasy drama side there are also "Mythica" (with appearances by Kevin Sorbo of "Hercules" and "Andromeda" fame) and "The Rangers." Zach just sent out an update mentioning "Mythica" last night and presumably they've been in contact.

Then you have the usual suspects at Zombie Orpheus Entertainment, Dead Gentlemen Productions, Walking in Circles, Standard Action.... who are all very supportive of other content creators. I've heard about more projects I've enjoyed by following those folks on Facebook, than I've ever been able to find by myself. It helps them all when they share the wealth of fans, because it helps grow alternative media as a content channel.

*EDIT* And, BTW, "Mythica II: The Darkspore" is in its last couple of days on Kickstarter, with US$10K left to go. The first one was good.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
So Arrowstorm (producers of "Mythica II: The Darkspore") and Zachary Amundson (producer of "The Dwarves of Demrel") did a little co-operative backer sharing. Nice. Zachary did a shout out to Mythica and, when their Kickstarter ended successfully, Arrowstorm repaid the favour by mentioning "The Dwarves of Demrel."

Remove ads