Updating and modernizing d6 Star Wars

d6 has always been my favorite. If I can get the time, I'd really like to run it again for friends.

Have others done work towards creating a modernized/updated version of the d6 rules, like one that would reflect changes we saw later in the Expanded Universe?

I'm thinking there's room for changing around the Dark Side Point system (Anakin would have fell during Episode II under the old WEG system, nobody could do what he did to the Sand People and not fall then and there under those rules). I'm also thinking that the total number of Technical skills could use consolidation/revision, what's the real difference between Starfighter Repair, Space Transports Repair, Capitol Ship Repair and Space Station Repair after all? They seem like they could all be consolidated down to Spacecraft Repair. Maybe some changes to the Scholar skill to reflect how we saw knowledge of Sith and Jedi lore treated (like making force-discipline lore an Advanced skill building off Scholar, so not everyone with 4D Knowledge in the Rebellion era knows as much about Jedi history as a typical Old-Republic era Jedi Knight).

Then there's vast room to write up new Force Powers based on later events in the novels and comics and games.

I know that NPC's and vehicles and equipment can be converted from the d20 stuff produced later to d6 through the conversion rules that WotC created, so that's not so much of an issue.

aramis erak

Legend
Yeah, someone took and released a 3rd edition on the web.
Good luck finding it, tho'.

It's called "Star Wars D6 Reup" ... and mind that it's essentially a pirate of 2E R&E. And the printed version (boy has that pirate edition editor got stones) got taken down from Lulu for a Trademark and Cooyright infringement.

Last edited:

d6 has always been my favorite. If I can get the time, I'd really like to run it again for friends.
Ditto. Been working along those lines lately myself.
I'm thinking there's room for changing around the Dark Side Point system (Anakin would have fell during Episode II under the old WEG system, nobody could do what he did to the Sand People and not fall then and there under those rules).
That's a pretty big WTF from that movie IMO in any case. He basically confesses to murder to Padme and she... says nothing about it, does nothing? All the other jedi can be excused only because they have an established excuse of "our ability to wield The Force is diminished." As far as changing the rule I hadn't really thought of doing that myself. I was going to simply make it a GM's call as to acquiring DSP anyway (which it pretty much already is unless you actually CALL upon the Dark Side) and that little stunt of his would have actually earned him two or three right there in my book.

I'm also thinking that the total number of Technical skills could use consolidation/revision, what's the real difference between Starfighter Repair, Space Transports Repair, Capitol Ship Repair and Space Station Repair after all? They seem like they could all be consolidated down to Spacecraft Repair. Maybe some changes to the Scholar skill to reflect how we saw knowledge of Sith and Jedi lore treated (like making force-discipline lore an Advanced skill building off Scholar, so not everyone with 4D Knowledge in the Rebellion era knows as much about Jedi history as a typical Old-Republic era Jedi Knight).
2nd Edition Revised & Expanded pretty much does address all that I think.

Then there's vast room to write up new Force Powers based on later events in the novels and comics and games.
Just so long as you remove all reference to midichlorians. There can be only none.

See also the rancorpit forums.

aramis erak

Legend
Ditto. Been working along those lines lately myself.

That's a pretty big WTF from that movie IMO in any case. He basically confesses to murder to Padme and she... says nothing about it, does nothing?

They're both nutjobs from the getgo, Padme and Anakin...
Both are casual killers.
And she's not quite a pedophile as shown... but there appear to be hints of it.

Remove ads