SW d6 to FFG Conversion?

bone_naga

Explorer
I still have my old d6 material, and it seems close enough to the FFG system that conversion shouldn't be too difficult. Is anyone else working on this? I figure there's no need to reinvent the wheel if someone else has already done it.

aramis erak

Legend
It's really VERY straightforward.

The attributes don't link up well. They have the same basic ranges, tho.
Strength and Brawn cover the same ground across the board.
Dexterity and Agility, as well.
Knowledge transfers over more to Presence
Both Mech and Tech link to Intellect.
There is no direct comparison to Willpower, but Perception is used for some of the same things.

In general, ignore pips. Convert whole dice.
The additional dice above attribute in WEG become skill in FFG. So, Dex 3d+1 Blasters 5d+2 is Ag 3, Ranged (Lt) 2 and ranged (heavy) 2.
The direct comparison attributes convert die-for die.
Average Mech and Tech, use those for Int.
Use Per for Cunning and Willpower.

If attributes exceed 6, convert the excess into other abilities.

Fill in the trees based upon the role and expertise. It's entirely "feels right" at this part, because there is no mechanical comparable role

If the character has force abilities, convert the force dice into a point total... and spend that opening power trees.
THey should have force dice equal to about half the highest force attribute, if you can get there with the points available.
1D+0 = 5 p
1D+1 = 10 p
1D+2 = 15 p
2D+0 = 25 p
2D+1 = 35 p
2D+2 = 45 p
3D+0 = 60 p
3D+1 = 75 p
3D+2 = 90 p
4D+0 = 110 p
4D+1 = 130 p
4D+2 = 150 p
5D+0 = 175 p
5D+1 = 200 p
5D+2 = 225 p
6D+0 = 255 p
6D+1 = 285 p
6D+2 = 315 p
7D+0 = 350 p
7D+1 = 385 p
7D+2 = 420 p
8D+0 = 460 p
8D+1 = 500 p
8D+2 = 560 p
9D+0 = 605 p
9D+1 = 650 p
9D+2 = 695 p

aramis erak

Legend
I have thought about combining FFG and WEG Star Wars. Basically using the WEG structure with FFG dice.

It would work just fine. Be missing the nifty dice tricks that several talents provide, but those can be houseruled in. Stepping up of ability dice to proficiency dice, etc.

I think the best "fix" for d6 would be borrowed from EABA (which, despite the author's protests, is remarkably similar to d6 system) - roll the pool, count the best 3.

Remove ads