Longshot: Looking for an old Analog/Fantasy & Science Fiction

This is a longshot but years ago I had an issue of Amazing Stories/Fantasy & ScienceFiction/or Analog (I can't remember which one. It had a picture of an f-15 Eagle and a fire breathing dragon on the cover (no it's similar but not the Dragon Magazine issue). It had an awesome story where this Pilot ends up in a dogfight with the dragon he defeats it by going full thrust straight up until the air gets thin and the dragon goes unconscious.

I can't remember which magazine it was or which issue. Any one see this and know?

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
This is a longshot but years ago I had an issue of Amazing Stories/Fantasy & ScienceFiction/or Analog (I can't remember which one. It had a picture of an f-15 Eagle and a fire breathing dragon on the cover (no it's similar but not the Dragon Magazine issue). It had an awesome story where this Pilot ends up in a dogfight with the dragon he defeats it by going full thrust straight up until the air gets thin and the dragon goes unconscious.

I can't remember which magazine it was or which issue. Any one see this and know?
That sounds familiar, but I wasn't into pulps (unfortunately), so don't remember when it was. But it pretty much had to be Analog if it had an F-15 on the cover.

Yes. I only bought them sporadically -- usually when I had to fly somewhere etc. I found a website on the Interweb that has the cover-art from Analog and SF&F -- the cover wasn't present so I think that it must have been Amazing Stories (probably when TSR had the license) or maybe Asimov's Science fiction. Thanks for the reply -- the search goes ever on...

Remove ads