D&D 5E Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Shayuri

First Post
"More likely it's what keeps her bound here," Talashia notes dryly. "Removing it could unleash a possessing spirit to go where it wills, taking whoever it wants instead of whichever poor fools stumble across the lake."

Axel

First Post
Kynee remained standing, arms folded, as people made preparations. "Manners have no place here. We are under no obligations Fergus," she said, watching the reactions of Odvara's body and Elora particularly.

"You may show off for the ladies - I will not compete I promise," she concluded with a wry grin, and a nod to Talashia over her binding comment.

[sblock=insight roll]
To learn more about the spirit's personality... She confuses me! The physical self-touching, the semi vindictive questions, then the plea for help from strangers??? :-/

Insight: 1d20+5 21
[/sblock]

Quickleaf

Legend
OOC: Kynee realizes that the spirit craves the life it once had, particularly the physicality of it (as noted by her excessive drinking), as a way to escape her own regrets. However, in death - or whatever her current state is - her ability to savor life has been corrupted so that instead she savors the the pains and regrets of others.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Elora had been captivated by this spirit but the recent turn the conversation took was leaving her with goosebumps and an ill feeling. It took a little thought before the reason set in, her own past and experiences coming to mind.

She glanced over at Fergus and stared at him pointedly. "I know you have not forgotten how we met Fergus and I wonder if this is anything like that. It would be quite dangerous to go swimming in the middle of the night in this freezing weather. Since the spirit has assured us that Odvara will be fine once she leaves in the morning, we should not need this talisman."

She turned back to Odvara's body, now feeling even more of a kinship with her. Was it somehow easier to enter a Source's body or was there a reason why it was so desireable to be inside one? Either way she would make sure things were set right. She spoke to the Spirit, "Isn't that correct? Odvara should not need this talisman, and you haven't told us how or why it would benefit her anyway."

Quickleaf

Legend
A flicker of desperation fills the spirit's voice as she senses the suspicions of the group turning upon her, Odvara's fingers fidgeting as if she is struggling to remember - or conceal - something. "The talisman is from - was from father. He had a mage who served him, a lecherous old man skilled in beguiling minds. He laid eyes upon me," she says, casting her plaintive white eyes at Elora. "Father said the talisman would keep the old mage from charming me. Yes, father said, father wouldn't lie." There was a distinct need in the spirit's voice, but a need for what?

Fenris

Adventurer
"I never said I would fetch it in the middle of the night. Even with a witcher's eyes, I need more than the stars to navigate by. I am sure the Lady will repay our hospitality with the location of the amulet in the lake." asks Fergus ignoring the suspicions of the others.

OOC:
Insight roll
1d20+3=22
General sense of weal or woe as well as her attitude about the amulet

Quickleaf

Legend
OOC: Fergus senses that the spirit doesn't *intend* any harm, though it's clear from her stories she has caused harm in the past perhaps unintentionally. Her attitude towards the talisman borders on fixation, as if it is her last connection to her father and the time she was alive, yet curiously she doesn't seem to be opposed to gifting it to Odvara.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Hehe, well, I have ideas ooc for what's going on, but Talashia doesn't really know much about spirits IC so...)

"Well then there we are. No talisman tonight." Talashia stretches her arms over her head and yawns.

"I think I may sleep under the stars. It's a pleasant enough evening."

Axel

First Post
"We are all full of wisdom tonight," Kynee remarked after Talashia. "I will sleep too," she continued, unbuckling the various sword belts and uncomfortable leather straps from her hips and waist.

Placing both sheathed swords leaning against a wall, next to her boots, she found her pack and extracted various blankets and bedroll. "Indoors though," she said, laying down and closing her eyes.

Remove ads