[July 2015] What Are You Reading?

delericho

Legend
By marginal* demand, here is the new thread for the new month!

*One person expressed a preference, which was for monthly threads, so...

Last month was a poor month for me - I started boldly with the DMG and a Pathfinder Tale, and then got bogged down in "Middlemarch", which I didn't finish. I didn't even read the Pathfinder AP for the month!

I'm about 50 pages from the end of "Middlemarch", which I hope to get done before the weekend. Then it will be on to that PF volume, "Ice Tomb of the Giant Queen".

The it's on to "The Silkworm" by JK Rowling, the next PF Tale ("Lord of Runes" by Dave Gross), and "The Smuggler's Guide to the Rim" for the Firefly RPG. It's going to be a busy month!

Ryujin

Legend
Just picked up "Dangerous Games: How to Play" by Matt Forbeck mostly because I want to find out what happens to Leo from "The Gamers: Hands of Fate" in the GenCon portion of the story, where he disappears for several hours and then shows up burnt out, and obviously distraught.

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Looking forward to "The Long Utopia", by Terry Pratchett, and "The Annihilation Score", by Charles Stross.

Don't have them yet. Spotted "The Long Utopia" at the store last Friday, but my copy won't arrive from Amazon for another two weeks.

I tried reading the Merchant Prices novels by Stross, but I haven't been able to get into them. On the other hand, I've reread "The Rhesus Chart" several times. Same author, but a totally different level of enjoyment (for me).

Thx!

TomB

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'm almost halfway through the fourth and final volume (notwithstanding the Platinum Appendix) of Shannon Appelcline's revised Designers & Dragons series, which chronicles the history of the entire tabletop RPG industry, one company at a time.

Mallus

Legend
I'm running out of time to read the 2015 Hugo Award voting packet... so that's what I'm reading.

When I'm done, next novel in the Expanse series.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I just started Andrzeij Sapkowsky's "Blood of Elves". Not sure of the story after a hundred pages, but the book is written (and translated) using a beautiful language at least compared to many fantasy books of today.

Richards

Legend
I'm reading "Eternity Road" by Jack McDevitt. It took over a hundred pages to really get started, but now I'm halfway through it and it's finally going somewhere.

Johnathan

Nellisir

Hero
I'm about 50 pages from the end of "Middlemarch", which I hope to get done before the weekend. Then it will be on to that PF volume, "Ice Tomb of the Giant Queen".

How is Middlemarch?

I'm stalled on a few books. I've started A Prayer for Owen Meany, and The Faded Sun: Shon'Jir (but now I can't find it), and I've got a Scottish history book around somewhere that I'm about halfway through. I blame summertime, internet, and work.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I recently started running LMoP for a coworker. When I mentioned I wasn't a huge FR fan because of how generic fantasy the setting was, he insisted that I would like the setting if I got to know it better. Since then he has loaned me (and I have read) the Dark Elf Trilogy and the Crystal Shard.

Also, if it counts as reading, the Gleim CPA review books.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases