[August 2015] What Are You Reading?

Spartain104

First Post
Reading through Michael J Sullivan's Riyria Revelations. On the second omnibus "Rise of Empire" and its fantastic! A good read for fantasy and adventure!

Nellisir

Hero
Well, it certainly lacks a bit of the 'wow-factor' of the first novel, because its scope is much reduced: Basically, the entire action revolves around a single space station. The narrator's viewpoint is also less effective because it's no longer really an Ancillary. Still, even though it's not as groundbreaking or exciting as the first novel, it's well-written, and I'm eager to know how where the story will lead.

I'll second this. I liked the second one, except for a moment when we more or less definitively find out a secondary character's actual sex. That bugged the crap outa me. I'm not sure it was as good as the first, but it was certainly good.

Nellisir

Hero
I'm having another fit of disjointedness, and simultaneously reading back issues of Uncanny X-Men circa 2001 (OMG it just sucks SOOO bad); The Power of Six (Book Two of the Lorien Legacies; don't ask); something something Adventures of the Butterfly Girl (it's weird, like a dark Gaiman or Valente but not quite as good); and The Island of the Day Before, by Umberto Eco.

Earlier I reread Lamb and River of Gods, because I wanted to read something I knew would be good.

mflayermonk

First Post
Reading Last Call by Tim Powers. I'm 50 pages in and still confused no the characters and their role. I guess it will all unfold in the future.

After watching "Black Sails" I decided to reread Thieves World (after 20 years or so). The first Thieves World is still pretty good.

Remove ads