D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Dent grunted. "Odd little man." He shifted his attention away from the retreating gnome and toward the others. "So. To the pit of despair?"

OOC: You have no idea how painful it was for me to let that little shrimp go. Gah.

Shayuri

First Post
"Lets see about this 'wing wear' he mentioned the initiates having," Maighan suggests. She goes over to the fallen bodies of the cultists and starts investigating what they're wearing more carefully.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Most of the initiates are wearing something like this:

OOC: WINGWEAR

Wondrous item, uncommon (requires attunement)

This snug uniform has symbols of air stitched into it and leathery flaps that stretch along the arms, waist, and legs to create wings for gliding. A suit of wingwear has 3 charges. While you wear the suit, you can use a bonus action and expend 1 charge to gain a flying speed of 30 feet until you land. At the end of each of your turns, your altitude drops by 5 feet. Your altitude drops instantly to 0 feet at the end of your turn if you didn't fly at least 30 feet horizontally on that turn. When your altitude drops to 0 feet, you land (or fall), and you must expend another charge to use the suit again.

Shayuri

First Post
Maighan takes a suit and says, "We don't have to wear them now, but I'd suggest we all take one. They could possibly double as disguises too."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Maighan takes a suit and says, "We don't have to wear them now, but I'd suggest we all take one. They could possibly double as disguises too."

Thaliss nods, and telepathically replies as he undresses an initiate We should take all of them, I am sure they can fetch a hefty price or could be traded for more interesting gear. Thaliss proceeds to put a suit on.

As he is donning the wingwear, he continues We should expect to face that stone statue if we head to the lower level of the temple. The last fight didn't go too well, and I believe that if it weren't for Kubeba intervention, we would have had to flee. We'll need a strategy, because the statue is likely not going to be the only foe we will find, perhaps even whatever that gnome was. Perhaps we should rest and plan before proceeding.

Thaliss will put the extra suits and anything else of interest he finds on the bodies in a pile for all to see.

OOC: About the wingwear: is it worn above or under armor, or does it prevent the use of armor?

Dent eyed the fairy suits. He lumbered over to the largest initiate he could find, stripped that individual of its fairy suit, and--after kicking the corpse to the side--carried the suit over to the others. He held up the suit, examining it with a critical eye. "No self-respecting person would wear this." He lowered the suit and let his eyes roam from Thaliss, to Carradoc, to Kubeba, to Maighan. "Are we sure we trust that runty little gnome well enough to heed his damned advice and head down the hole?" He shook the fairy suit for emphasis. "I've got my doubts. Isn't there anything else to explore up here, first?"

Remove ads