Children of the Mud

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem the Cook ponders the cattle for awhile and mumbles out loud, "Hmmm... I can't help but wonder if the milk would taste any different? Not for drinking straight up mind you, but just for cooking and baking." After a few awkward moments he finally notices the others staring hard at him and he turns red. "I....errrr.... can't cast spells, so no dispelling magic from me."

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa looks at the tableau, askance. Then she gathers herself together and looks toward the bull before the tavern.

"I prayed this morning for Lady Firecast's blessing to remove one enchantment," she tells her companions. "Though I do not know if my skill is match for this sorcery. I will make the attemp."

She makes her way over to the cow, but stands a respectful distance away to avoid rousing the beast. Rather than drawing her sword in the square, she pulls out the amulet hung on a cord around her neck. "By the grace of Lady Firecast, I return you your form." She gestures, and there is a shimmering in the air.

[sblock=ooc]
Dispel Magic caster roll: 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14

I don't think that did it, but I'll let Sunshadow resolve things.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 93 Current: 93
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +11 Reflex: +3 Will: +10 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +3
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +14/+9 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +12/+7 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (5+1) Level 02 (4+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Shatter
* Read Magic * Protection from Evil * Resist Energy
* Light * Detect Evil * Grace
* Guidance * Obscuring Mist * *unassigned
* *unassigned * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Level 03 (4+1) Level 04 (2+1)

* Summon Monster III * Summon Monster IV
* Magic Circle Against * Divine Power
Evil * D: Holy Smite
* Dispel Magic
* Searing Light
* D: Heroism

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 18 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save.

[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
The bull is suitably annoyed enough to move, so the spell is not entirely without effect, as it gives those trying to move it enough of an edge to get it out of the doorway, and you watch them struggle as they try to pull it across the square to a makeshift pen, but it remains a bull. "You have my thanks. I can tolerate a sense of humor to a point, but not when it interferes with business. I am Jeb, the owner of this fine establishment. We don't often see folks with your skill set around here, and most folks here like it that way. What brings you to our humble neighborhood?" You see a rather portly middle aged man watching the impromptu entertainment with a shake of his head.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"As with our friend, the dispelling of the magic of others is not somethig I've learned as yet.."
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Throwaway post just to let folks know I'm here - sorry about the poor quality.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Menik facepalms.

ooc: Sunshadow, what was the result of his detect magic spell (post #20)?

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Not much. Some crazy showed up a week ago preaching something about the Prophet and that one could learn more from the High Priest in town. Don't know how many responded; had any one of that ilk been foolish enough to tell me, they would have had their ears knocked off. The world's crazy enough without feeding the maggots of its underbelly. Than a few hours ago, a large crowd of strangers gathered and proceeded to turn themselves into the farmyard you see before you. Don't know what the city plans on doing with all of these animals. I may build a pen and keep the bull for the humor of it." Menik detects no magic, and based on his own observations and the reports he had heard thus far, he can only surmise that someone managed to create, and cast, an instantaneous, and effectively permanent, version of polymorph.

OOC: There are more than just cows, by the way; pretty much every type of farm animal you could think of is represented, and the noise of a couple dozen animals confused and confined in a small space is starting to get on your nerves.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Did you happen to hear how this High Priest might be found?" Larissa asks the tavern owner.

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 93 Current: 93
CMB: +11 CMD: 22
Fort: +11 Reflex: +3 Will: +10 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +3
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +14/+9 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +12/+7 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (5+1) Level 02 (4+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Shatter
* Read Magic * Protection from Evil * Resist Energy
* Light * Detect Evil * Grace
* Guidance * Obscuring Mist * *unassigned
* *unassigned * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Level 03 (4+1) Level 04 (2+1)

* Summon Monster III * Summon Monster IV
* Magic Circle Against * Divine Power
Evil * D: Holy Smite
* Dispel Magic
* Searing Light
* D: Heroism

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 18 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save.

[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Can't say that I heard. You would probably have to get that straight from the horse's mouth, or perhaps the cow, or chicken; scratch that, it's gotta be the sheep with the wolfish grin." Jeb chuckles a bit as he glances around the square one last time before turning to head inside. "I best get back to work; the world don't stop spinning just because someone wants to turn it into a farm. You know where to find me if you have any further questions." You are left watching the last of the animals finally be secured as two men on ladders manage to grab a goose that had been flying from lamp post to lamp post to avoid being grabbed.

Remove ads