D&D 5E [IC] Egon's Lost Mine of Phandelver

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Endurance has begun to help Keira with the animals and the cart, when the goblins make themselves known.

When they appear, he turns and finds himself face-to-face with one of them. He takes a few steps into the woods, keeping the trail clear, and smacks it with h[D][/D]is horn.

[sblock]Cart maneuvers
Animal handling: [roll0]
Athletics/Str+land vehicles: [roll1]

Initiative: [roll2]

grab shield (free interaction)
Move j5 to L5
Attack with horn, [roll3], if successful damage = [roll4][/sblock]

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Goblins! Ana thought as the evil creatures appeared. She had spent years dealing with goblins and knew their tactics quite well. From her position, she drew back her bow and fired a single arrow at the farthest creature.

"Gathak kush ch'aka!" she yelled.

[sblock=Goblin Translation]"Death to you pig-dogs!"[/sblock]

[sblock=Game Mechanics]
OOC: My lowest initiative score is a 5, so I guess we win initiative.

Not sure if I am considered hidden from them when I attack or not. If so, my advantage roll is the second one.
Move: None
Action: Attack (Goblin 4) - [roll0], [roll1], Damage - [roll2] <- Wrong, my damage mod is +4, so 8 damage (Sorry)

HP: 11
AC: 15
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Skarsgard

Explorer
Rebecca glares at the goblin attackers with disdain. With a flick of her wrist she sends a fridig bolt at one of the furthest, trusting her companions to deal with those closer.

[sblock=action]
Cast Ray of Frost

[roll0]
[roll1]

Target speed reduced by 10ft

[/sblock]

Schmoe

Adventurer
Gnash leaps down from his perch between the horse and the nearest goblin, his axe glinting wickedly as it seems to leap to his hand. With a determined look he raises his shield to block the goblin's attack, then slices low, going for the knees.

[sblock]
[roll0]

Move: I thought Gnash was in J5, but it sounds like Endurance might be in J5. Either way, if I can move to I6 and attack goblin #1, I will. Gnash is trying to take a protective position to keep the goblins away from the horse.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[/sblock]

Egon

First Post
Although the Goblins were obviously waiting here to ambush passersby, the group of 5 of you is inherently more prepared than they had anticipated. Keira easily slices through the first Goblin on her way to another, while Endurance adjusts himself slightly before caving in the skull of the closest Goblin with a head-butt. Ana fires a single arrow through the trees from her hiding spot, and the arrow sails true, felling yet another Goblin.

Rebecca uses her arcane knowledge and casts Ray of Frost, but the arcing magical energy is unable to find a target, and the spell misses its mark. It is of no matter, however, as Gnash jumps from the cart and quickly makes his way to the last standing Goblin. His swing is undeniably true, cleaving the Goblin in twain and leaving no enemies standing.

OOC: That was QUICK. In the span of 1 round, before the Goblins could get a shot off, you killed all of them. That is amazing. And deserves a spot XP award for not only decent tactics, but the quickness with which you dispatched the enemy. All players receive +25 XP for that.

Time to figure out where to go next from here...

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira spins from her fallen foe, ready to deal with the other attackers, only to find them already dead. With grudging respect, she inclines her head to her companions' efforts. Squatting down to clean her blades on the goblin's rags, she surveys the devastation they have wrought as a group.

"Perhaps we should leave one alive for information . . . next time."

Standing up again, she sheathes her blades and looks back to the horses and the goblins.

"Here are the attackers, most likely. But where are their victims?"

OOC: Searching for signs of any bodies dragged away from the dead horses.
Perception = [roll0]

Forged Fury

First Post
While her companions were busy, Anastriana silently made a short circuit of the area, checking to see if there were any more goblins present, or at least signs of their activity. If there were four goblins, there were surely a score or more.

[Sblock=Game Mechanics]
Perception w/Advantage (Natural Explorer) - [roll0], [roll1]
Survival w/Advantage (Favored Enemy) - [roll2], [roll3][/sblock]

Schmoe

Adventurer
Gnash turns to survey the battlefield, looking for further attackers. Warily, he turns to the horse to see that the creature is calm and not in danger of bolting. He pats the horse's muzzle to calm it down, urging it to stand still.

He says to no one in particular, "Well, our attackers have been defeated, but surely there was something else that caused this devastation. Goblins by themselves couldn't do this kind of damage. We'll need to cross this clearing with the wagon, one way or another. I'm going to go find out if it's safe."

The gnome readies his shield and looks around again. Before moving into the clearing, his eyes focus with concentration and he carefully scans the area in a wide arc.

[sblock]
[roll0]

Standing at the edge of the clearing, Gnash is going to use his Divine Sense and search the treelines carefully for signs of danger.

[roll1]

Assuming he doesn't detect anything, he'll proceed into the clearing and search the scene for any clues to what might have caused the destruction.

[roll2]
[/sblock]

Remove ads