D&D 5E [IC] Egon's Lost Mine of Phandelver

Forged Fury

First Post
Anastriana moved to prop the bodies of the goblins up, with their backs to one another. Maybe that will fool their allies into thinking they're still on watch... she thought to herself.

"So what's the play from here?" asked the elven ranger. "Sounds like there's something up the path to the east."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira retrieves her dart from the fallen goblin and peers dubiously into the cavern.

"We'll need some form of light in there." She pauses and looks around at the assorted beings around her, "or at least I will. I do not want to meet whoever that is growling in the dark."

OOC: Oh don't worry, Egon. It'll get worse for us quickly enough :D

Skarsgard

Explorer
"I think it prudent if you go scout." Rebecca suggests. "You seem to be more than adequately competent at it and the rest of us would probably just ruin any chance of you making it. However, we will be ready to support you if the situation arises. I'd recommend falling back to us rather than us stumbling forwards to find you."

Forged Fury

First Post
Ana waited to hear the opinion of her remaining companions, although the half-elf mage seemed to have made a persuasive argument. Heading off into the darkness was something she would do without thinking if she were alone, but she knew just enough about polite society to wait for the others to agree with her.

When the matter was settled, she set off into the cave, moving more slowly than usual as she was not as familiar with caves as she was the forest.

[sblock=Game Mechanics]Stealth = [roll0]
Perception = [roll1][/sblock]

Egon

First Post
Ana creeps forward along the east wall, her feet barely making any sound as she moves north into the cave. Her outline is still visible to those outside the cave, but it starts to blend into the shadows the farther she gets away from the entrance.

After about 15 feet, Ana comes to the stone steps; the growling and snarling are much louder near here than they were at the entrance. Peeking around the corner, you can see that the steps lead up to a small, dark, dank chamber that widens slightly before narrowing to a steep fissure at the far end. The chamber if filled with the stench of wet animal, and it is blatantly obvious why; in the chamber are 3 large wolves who seem to be engaged in fighting with one another over some scrap of bone lying between them. Thankfully, you can see that each wolf has a large chain tied around their necks; following the chains, you can see that they are all bound to a large iron ring in the floor. You don't know how far out they could stretch the chains, but your best guess is that it's pretty close to the chamber entrance.

OOC: I did not put the group in single-file on the map yet; I will do so once all of you get into the cave.
[sblock=Map]
cragmaw_player_map_by_ghostbusteregon-d9a0r3k.jpg
[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
Anastriana considered the situation for a moment, trying to determine if these were normal wolves or something more sinister.

[sblock=Game Mechanics]
OOC: Nature(?) Check = [roll0]
[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
Ana crept back to the rest of the party and said, "There's a small pack of three wolves chained just up ahead. They're just normal wolves the goblins captured, probably been using them as guards. They're creatures of the woods, they don't deserve to be chained up in this cave. How do you feel about trying to set them free?"

The wood elf was extremely uncomfortable with the idea of killing the creatures. She hoped the others would be willing to help her free the beasts.

[sblock=Game Mechanics]
OOC: If necessary, here's another Stealth check: [roll0]
[/sblock]

Remove ads