D&D 5E [IC] Egon's Lost Mine of Phandelver

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira gives Ana a dubious look.

"Wolves? They're safely chained up and you want to set them free? They're wild animals, they're not going to be grateful. Can't we just go around them?"

Forged Fury

First Post
Ana frowned. "Go around them?" she asked, as if the consideration hadn't even crossed her mind. "Probably, but they're likely to raise a ruckus when we go past. If we can calm them, we may be able to get by them without the howling and barking. You'd be surprised how grateful they might be, I've lived around wolves and other creatures of nature. Have you?"

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira looks askance at Ana.

"Believe it or not, there were not many wolves ranging around the streets of Neverwinter. Plenty of dogs though, chained beast likely as not to lash out at anyone who passes."

Skarsgard

Explorer
"I am all for freeing the beasts, but it may be more practical to deal with them in another way and free them later?"

Lady Rebecca felt nervous about releasing the wild animals in their midst.

"Releasing them now may alert our intended foes and make this situation more dangerous than it needs to be." After a moments thought, "I know we talked about leaving my spells for later but I can certainly help in this situation."

With a little laugh she says, "What is that old expression? Ah yes; let sleeping dogs lie!"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Endurance grunts approval at Ana's plan.

"If we can make it work, I'll help as I can. It would be great to let them go, one at a time. Animals sometimes find me calming," he offers, without explanation. "But I do not know how we could break their chains. The Lady Rebecca's alternative may be the only practicable solution."

Schmoe

Adventurer
"You wonderful, blessed elf!" Gnash says excitedly, trying to keep his voice down. A wide grin spreads across his face and he continues, "Of course you're right! The wolves are part of the natural order of things. They don't belong tied up to be the whipping slaves of these corrupt vermin. If there is any way whatsoever, we should set them free. If they can see the path to freedom, they will surely dash toward the light."

Gnash looks like he wants to reach out and hug the elf, but he contains himself. Turning to Rebecca he says, "Dear lady, how long would your spell last, and do you think you could get all of the wolves to sleep? I think you are right that might be our best option for now."

Skarsgard

Explorer
"I should be able to send all three to sleep, how long will it last? Probably a minute or so." looking around at the others. "Which should be more than enough time for us to sneak past? Who know's maybe one of the golbins will have a key."

She frowns and asks Ana "Was there are lock on the chain?"

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira shrugs with grudging acceptance as the party rallies behind the plan to rescue wild animals. The suggestion to put them to sleep seemed reasonable, at least.

"I suppose if they are asleep when they are freed, it doesn't much matter. As long as we are not around when they awake, I think we can trust they will flee into the wilds."

She then adds, muttering under her breath, "Hopefully not towards our horse."

Forged Fury

First Post
Ana thought hard. "I only got a quick glance... I don't remember if there was a lock, just that they were fighting over a bone. Putting them to sleep would work and, if there is a lock, maybe we can find a key inside the cave to free them later."

Skarsgard

Explorer
"Are we agreed then?" Rebecca asks. "Get me within ninety feet and I will cast the spell.

[sblock=mechanics]

If the party agrees here is the roll.

[roll0]

[/sblock]

Remove ads