Dragon Mugs

Hey all. I just made a web-site to show off my ceramics. I use lots of Dragons and Spikes in their designs. Check em out. If you like them, please share the site with your gaming group or guild. Thanks!

Darkagepottery.com

Attachments

• Tarkaskese small.JPG
    Tarkaskese small.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
(You saw more than one yes?)
Yeah, the really elaborate ones are pretty expensive. I spend about 15-20 hours on those ones. (Sometimes more...)

Oh, I'm sure they are labor intensive. And a crafter deserves to be paid for their work, no question. I just couldn't justify that price for a drinking vessel, myself.

Yes. They kept getting more expensive. Probably because I was looking at the more elaborate ones.I would imagine it takes significant time to make one of those.Do you ever make custom orders?

Yes, I do custom orders. For example, Khysariss on the Gallery "Not for Sale" page was a custom job. It was for a friend's sister. I'm a bit hesitant about custom pieces because it is extremely hard to meet the expectations of a person's mind's eye. Especially in pottery. There is so much variation in even a single glaze because of different temperatures and reductions and how long the reduction was held. I would happily do a custom piece, but I would really want the person to understand that pottery is a craft with very difficult to control variations.

Oh, I'm sure they are labor intensive. And a crafter deserves to be paid for their work, no question. I just couldn't justify that price for a drinking vessel, myself.

I agree completely. It is hard to justify. Especially if you drop it and it shatters!!! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I did have one person say this to me cause I feel kinda shy about the price, "Yeah, but in the scheme of things it's not so bad, filling my truck twice would cost more and I'd have the mug for the rest of my life. A tank of gas only lasts two weeks." I think he was looking at one of the cheaper ones. He has a gigantic Ram truck. Not sure how big the tank is. (He didn't buy one btw. lol)

Last edited:

delericho

Legend
Hey all. I just made a web-site to show off my ceramics. I use lots of Dragons and Spikes in their designs. Check em out. If you like them, please share the site with your gaming group or guild. Thanks!

Darkagepottery.com

That is lovely work. But isn't it uncomfortable to use, what with the spines on the handle?

Remove ads