MiPS Lost Mine Part II

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Easy, good dwarf. I understand your worry, but we were through a lot and need a good nights rest and some supplies. And the goblins in this case weren't the bad ones. There are worst things higher in the mountains."

GameDoc

Explorer
"Aye, I'm with ye," Vottr says. "As I think all the lads here are, and sure'n whatever buggers is behind this'll get a taste o' me Sweet Meduna upside their stupid heads. But like the half-elf says, there's more afoot than goblins. What's this about some 'Black Spider' feller?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 11; Current: 11
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 5/5 points avail
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr had come a fair ways himself and could understand the prudence of waiting until morning before charging off on a rescue of Brlo’s relative.

“Aye, the morning would allow all to rest first. We did just arrive ourselves. Following up these rumors is why I came here, so I am with you on this endeavor.”

Looking to Vottr he replied, “I only know there are rumors of someone by that name in connection to the banditry or the goblin mischief. It was unclear if the Black Spider and the Spider were the same person or different people. Little more than rumors, I do not know. So far, I have not learned anything new in this town either… that was until you all mentioned the goblins.”

“Have you heard or learned where they took Gundren? And what is this about things worse than the goblins in the mountains?”

Neurotic

“Have you heard or learned where they took Gundren? And what is this about things worse than the goblins in the mountains?”[/color]

"We didn't, except that it is somewhere deeper in the wild. As for worse...the goblins were forced by their hobgoblin "king" to rob the caravans. We dealt with the king and they dispersed...but not before revealing that hobgoblins have their own king and worse somewhere where Master Gudren was taken. Since we killed their captor, we even got a fair warning that there is no talking to them, just killing."

The bard pauses, clearly reluctant to say something, but finally decides:
"I know this will sound strange, especially so to paladin and dwarf, but I would ask you to refrain from killing goblins of Craegmaw tribe. I don't expect to encounter them again, but they helped us, in their own way, to defeat this hobgoblin king and provided useful information. They were not seeking confrontation, just to be left alone. I believe there would be much less death if people accepted those different then themselves. It is easy to force goblins to do anything, it would be easier for humans to actually keep them away from more powerful evil races then having to kill goblins again and again as they are thrown as fodder before real combat begins."

"I'll do some more dances and songs, maybe a good night story...then I'll be sleeping like dead."

Leonan turns to the old story teller and talks with him for a short while before resuming. In the course of the talk, he casually touched old man couple of times. Observant people might notice that old mans clothes are in noticeable better repair after the talk.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
< snip > . . . Leonan turns to the old story teller and talks with him for a short while before resuming. In the course of the talk, he casually touched old man couple of times. Observant people might notice that old mans clothes are in noticeable better repair after the talk.

OOC: Yeah, let's go with that. Eddicus WIS (Perception) to notice what could possibly have been Leonan's casting of Mending on Grat's clothing.

[roll0]

tuxgeo

Adventurer
As he lingers over his mug of ale, Eddicus does notice that the new dwarf, who calls himself Brlo, has inquired about the cost of a barrel of ale. When Eddicus finishes quaffing the ale that came with his dinner, he gets up and eases over to the table where his companions Vottr and Leonan had gone to be closer to the fire and to the old storyteller. Eddicus introduces himself more formally to Castagyr and Brlo, including mention of his worship of Oghma.

After pleasantries are taken care of, Eddicus adds, "In the morning, I would like to ask around to learn if someone in town could point me toward a 'Sister Garaele' who is supposed to be a priestess of Tymore here, because I have had visions that such a person might be able to give me information about a descrated altar to Oghma that is located in some old ruin in the wilds around here." Then he adds, "Not that I possess enough holy water to reconsecrate it at the moment, but it would be good to learn where such a thing could be found."

Axel

First Post
Brlo spoke well enough through the pleasantries. If there's one thing beaten into every young dwarf, it's how to navigate formal social situations.

That concluded, he lapsed into his more normal manner. "Aye, she be livin' over t'road from a shrine wit'a bung leg."

Pausing to scratch himself he added, "Where'd yer be findin' t'strange goblin lovin' elf from?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

[section]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 11; Current: 11
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 5/5 points avail
Weapon in Hand: Lance
[/sblock]​
[/section]Castagyr looked at the half-elf with an arched eyebrow at the news of goblins being decent enough to be helpful.

“Helpful goblins, eh? And they did not set fire to everything.”

He waved away Brlo’s comment, “Oh don’t be like that Brlo. If the goblins are letting people alone, then let them be. If they regress to evil acts once more, then they deserve to be smited.”

Castagyr turned to Eddicus and added, “I did speak with the good Sister, actually. She asked me to look into a quest for her, to ask a question of a banshee residing near the ruined village of Conyberry. Mayhap that is the same place? I would not mind introducing you if only to learn more about this alter that has been desecrated.”

Neurotic

"The'd be finding me in a goblin cave, ya b'rded gnome" Leonan imitates the dwarf then returns to his normal speech.
"I understand it is not common for goblins, but I was there, not pampered, but not tortured either. When I was a kid, there were tame goblins serving as midden collectors, tree and wall climbers, sewer cleaners and similar jobs where small stature and ignorance of personal hygiene help. Some had personal servants, goblins are not as stupid as orcs and they appreciate easy and safe life. It is us, so called goodly races, that make it hard for them to live peacefully. Of course, their main god doesn't make it easy by default, but they have other gods."

"I'm just saying, there are evil dwarves, humans and dragonborn. And yet, we ignore them on the street because it is not written on their foreheads that they are evil. And thiefling paladin will be met with suspicion. We judge by the look instead by the action."

OOC: if the question was out of Leonans hearing, ignore this comment :)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Hearing that Castagyr would introduce him to Sister Garaele on the morrow, Eddicus thanks the paladin for that and settles down to listen to the rest of the conversation. He listens particularly for background information about Phandalin: who is where, who is up to what, and any mention of names he hadn't heard before, such as the "Conyberry" he just heard within the past minute.

If the dwarves need help in drinking any of that barrel of ale -- not likely -- Eddicus will take one more mug but not two. After that, he does head to his shared room to pray, and to get a well-needed night's sleep.

Remove ads