EBERRON: THE HIDDEN PbP

pathfinderq1

First Post
"We hardly need to find some overpriced, overstuffed tavern where we don't even know what exactly we're eating," the slender shifter said quietly (like she said everything. "I, for one, had enough of that while we were cooped up on that boat- for far too long, I might add. We could camp nearby. It might help us get a more accurate idea of what is happening out there..." Since she spoke so quietly, it was hard to tell if the slightly shrill edge to her voice was excitement or irritation.

Sezarious

Explorer
Cyric cocked his head at the shifter... A smile creeping across his face, a twinkle of excitement gleaming in his eyes,"I like your idea actually. I only need about 2 hours sleep, so I'm not really needing to hire a room for an entire night. I'll be available then to keep watch for the majority of any camping. Yesss, that might be fun". Cyric took a deep breath and smiled at the rest, waiting for a response, then as an afterthought, turned back to the vendor. "Ah, and before I forget... Maps! What're your prices?"

AsmodeusLore

First Post
"Camping?" Aric asked incredulously. "Why on Eberron would anyone volunteer to spend an extended amount of time camping? Sure, I expect us to spend some time in the outdoors, but shouldn't we have something a little more stable for our base of operations? Something with a roof at least?"

If this camping idea took hold, Aric would have to invest in a Dedicated Wright sooner than he expected, and hope that he could find a place to leave it. He wouldn't be able to work on anything more complicated than a scroll or a potion in the wilderness. There would probably be rent to pay, not to mention supplies to purchase to outfit the little worker. "I wonder if I can get a discount for trans-dimensional space?" Aric mused under his breath.

OOC: My character opposes camping. I, the player, do not.

"The Map of the city is a mere 5 coppers. Advice is free. If you a map of the northern sections of The hidden that will be..... for you six.... 100 gold. I feel generous."
Azzime pulls out a map and opens and closes it quickly. you see but a blur of green and blue.

"If heard someone say something about sleeping on the streets- be careful with that thought. Many bad things happen at night."

"As for where Cannith is." He points behind him across the water to the next "street" of docks. "Not much of a place. Do repairs mainly. Though is a rumor of building something."

AsmodeusLore

First Post
Aric makes a slight gesture towards the direction Azzime points. Flit takes off towards the Cannith outpost. The homunculus will seek out the outpost, and a worker to deliver a message.

Flit speaks to the worker in a voice that sounds similar to Aric's in tone and inflection, but with a distinct mechanical quality to it, like a recording being played back over poor quality speakers.

"Greetings, from Aric d'Brennan, blooded scion of House Cannith, and artificer of note. Mister d'Brennan would like to arrange a meeting with the head of the outpost in Yrlag. This messenger will await for a response, preferably with a time and place for the meeting, and relay the message back to Mister d'Brennan."

Flit waits patiently for a response. When he receives one, he'll deliver it to Aric, and Aric will have the clock-work cat return to it's resting place inside the haversack.

Back at the docks, Aric pays 5 crowns for the local map, and puts a slightly crisp edge into his voice, "Thank you. Perhaps you didn't hear me before. What Dragon Attack?" Clearly, he's still a little upset over Flit's initial journey being interrupted, forcing him to buy this crude map, and he's taking it out on the vendor, instead of on the Tharrashk bullies.

If the group decides to go in for the more expensive map, Aric will pay his share, and is willing to cover for those who find themselves short on funds. Clearly, he feels the item will be worthwhile. If asked about his reasoning, he says that knowing exactly which parts of New Water are known will make it very simple to explore the parts that are unknown. This will facilitate earning back the coin spent, by supplying information to the map-maker. That would also provide a convenient source of income, while we get accustomed to the area.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Dairken rummages into one of his pouches, finding what he us looking for, he extends his hand to Aric, closed palm down, urging him to accept.

[Sblock='Aric'] Dairken palms Aric a 50gp pearl[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
Citric shifted awkwardly in his armor. He should probably have left himself with more money before travelling over. He often got carried away at the opportunity to buy fancy magical items. He scraped around in his coin purse, taking out ten of the eleven gold he had.
"I'm sorry friends, but this is all I can really contribute at present. Good information however is well worth the purchase in my mind".
Cyric adds 10gp to the mans hand.

Orannius

First Post
Tarenmelk will go through what seems to be each and every one his pockets, Aaaaahh...hmm it would seem this is the best I can do until we start bringing in our own coin sorry compatriots he will put 22gp in the pool.

Flit leaps off of Aric's shoulder and takes to the air. This time it stays low to the water as it crosses the muddy soup that is the bay to the next series of docks. This dock area is split into two areas. A small building and a larger multi-storied building. This building also has a private landing pier that is covered. Flit flies to the main walkway and finds an alley that goes down a series a steps. To the left is a rough picture of a Griffon. The Dragonmarked house of Jorasco- the healers. To the right is a better made sign of a metallic bull's head. House Cannith.

The door is closed to the Cannith building. Luckily for Flit, after fifteen minutes, an elf wearing leather armor and wielding a bow leaves. Flit quickly enters the room before the door closes. The air is magically cooler and less humid. Fewer insects fly about also. A woman is startled that stands behind the counter.

"Hello lil' one. Where is your master?"

The homunculi passes on it's message.

"Oh. I'm sorry the master is out. I am Nanna d' Cannith (picture in talk). The master will be back shortly."

Remove ads