[LPF] Into the Wilds Part 1

Sezarious

Explorer
Regar was very pleased with Maenors response.
"Excellent, I'd be happy to Maenor! I'll ask you when I need to". He yelled out as Maenor walked off. Smiling, Regar prepared for the day, getting ready to leave.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kepli Stormborn, shaman

Kepli graciously accepts the map from the Captain, examines it thoroughly as he points out the sites of interest, then carefully rolls it up and stows it away in an easily accessible pocket of her pack.

”Captain, where would you suggest we turn our attentions first? I’m sure some of us would gladly go off after the goblins.” She glances over at the dwarves. ”Others of us might say the cannibals are the greatest threat to civilized man.” It is fairly obvious that is her opinion. ”Where would you direct us?”

Who knows where Scuttle got off to for the night but he is returned to his perch on Wildsgate's founder's statue to survey all the realm of man that lies under his gaze.

[sblock=MiniStats]
[size=+1]Kepli[/size]
Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.
AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort:
+1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Cure Light Wounds, Sleep
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue

Special:

Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 0/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used: Brog
Alchemist's Fire 2/2
sling (9/10 bullets)

[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 6
CMB: +1 CMD: 7
Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
Regar has never felt so accepted before! No one has tried to shave his eyebrows, magically glue his underwear to his body, bite him, kick him, tease him over his hat or punch him in the face for the fun of it! In addition, he had learnt his new spells without anything bad happening! He was so happy about this, he actually decided to be sociable for once, chatting away to Scuttle and telling the seagull all the good news. Whether the seagull was listening or not, Regar was unaware.
"Do you think Kepli is genuinely as nice as she seems? Because I once met this gnomish wizard who was all nice and peachy, but it turned out he just wanted to get close to me to steal my spell-book and hide it on the roof of the academy. I mean, don't get me wrong, she SEEMS really nice, but I just find it hard to trust people. What about you Scuttle? Are you nice? You seem nice, I mean you're a bird... I mean an Eidolon, so I guess it's neither here nor there. But I mean I guess you're pretty brave for what you did when we fought those goblins, though they're pretty nasty, next time if you give me a moment, I'll try and summon an eagle and he can be your 'wingman', you know, your air support and you can kind of 'Own the skies' together. You'll be all like 'Caw Cah', 'Jswooosh', 'Pwaaah Pwah'."
He mimes a couple of birds swooping down, represented by his right and left arms. He shows each arm whipping out of the way of some great danger, before manoeuvring about again for a final attack, wherein he proceeds to mime the invisible enemy exploding "'BOOM', see, like that! It'll be great!" He smiles as he continues this one way conversation, apparently oblivious to the fact that he was not talking to a humanoid.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Brog stays surprisingly sober and quiet throughout the evening, apparently processing the details known about their current mission. He debates joining in the knife throwing competition, but remains focused on the task at hand. In the morning, he listens to the briefing intently and follows along the map closely. "We best have plenty of rope at hand in that terrain. Acquiring more ranged weapons would also be well advised. A true test indeed; far too many goblins are barely worth the effort of swinging the axe. I can take point until we get to the area of battle." His voice and overall demeanor are quiet and focused, but his eyes betray an excitement for challenge and battle. After the meeting is over, he heads over to the Market and smithy to pick up some more rope and some pitons in case climbing should prove to be necessary.

OOC: Buying
Rope, Hemp-2 2 gp
Pitons-8 8 sp

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The adventurers head out after the Captain is able to give them decent directions towards the Spires that the goblins call home. On the first leg of the trek, they hit the last piece of civilization before the wilds. A stone bridge arches over the deadly waters, spanning the two shores. Despite constant use, the bridge has fallen into disrepair. Entire blocks have fallen into the river, leaving gaping holes in the ancient bridge. It is still sturdy, and you are able to cross it with no problems, but a goblin rider in the distance makes the party duck down and hide briefly so not to be discovered.

The rest of the voyage goes in a similar way as you travel following the river at first, then through deer trails via woods to avoid detection. After some slow progress, you finally emerge near the goblin-held spires. You see a network of caves in the spires connected by platforms and rope bridges. A large central cave seems to be a main entrance of sorts, and from the brush from whence you spy can be seen the occasional goblin warrior walking inside and out. The tunnel entrance smells of rot. You see no other way in from the trees in which you hide.

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

Maenor watches the cave entrance with the others for a time before sighing in exasperation. "All this sneaking about is unbefitting of someone of my station. A real man faces his challenges head-on." With that he abruptly stands up, draws his sword with an elegant flourish, and casually walks towards the cave entrance.
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]
Unless there are any objections, I figured I'd get things rolling.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 4/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: Wakizashi, +4, 1d6+3, 18-20 x2
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The entrance widens into a large cave that stinks of rot. A moldy layer of leaves and deadwood conceals the floor. Dripping rivulets of water have eaten away at the walls and ceiling, leaving pitted cracks and holes. Not seeing much in this entrance, you continue on. A stone staircase leads up, and a shallow pit is cut into it. Sharp stakes jut out of the leaves and refuse at the bottom of the pit.

The only way onwards seems to be up these steps, and it is obvious that this pit trap had been left open, and is now easily traversed by walking around the edges. The stairs go 30 feet upwards into the next room, and the 10 foot wide pit is in its center. The goblins must believe themselves to be safe from attack if they are not even going to bother to better hide and prepare their defenses.

Radaceus

Adventurer
[section]
"I like the way ya think, swordsman!" Snorri exclaims as he grins, draws his war axe, dons his shield, and jaunts up along side Maenor.

As they make their way into the cave entrance and notice what appear to be ruined remnants of a pit trap, he stops to scan the room. "This aint no Goblins doing tha," he points at the dilapidated trap and stonework stairs, "to complicated fer 'em."

He tugs at his beard as his keen eye peruses the room and staircase leading up.[/section]

[sblock='Stonecunning'] [roll0][/sblock]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Snorri Ironaxe Stonelord (paladin) 1st level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Darkvision 60 ft.
Speed: 20'

AC: 18 (touch 11; flat-footed 17) HP: 12/ 12
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +3

Hatred: Dwarves gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes
Stonecunning: Dwarves gain a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.

In Hand:Dwarven Waraxe: Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d10+2, Crit: 20/x3, Slashing
Off Hand:Heavy Wooden Shield: Attack: +3 = [BAB (+1) + Ability (+2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Bludgeoning

[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Snorri
[sblock]
You notice that the stone floor ahead looks well tread. However, you do notice behind you that short of the stairs and near the entrance way to this first chamber, about 12 feet up and into the wall, can be seen a cut out indentation of what you believe is a spy hole. If it is in use, then your entrance into this cave network has already been discovered.
[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
"Hmm, why would these dummies leave the pit trap wide open? It's either lazy, cocky, stupid OR secretly, it's actually a part of a greater trap", he whispered conspiratorially. "Hmm, maybe the walls shove you in as you walk along the edge or something? Nah, Goblins could NEVER be THAT clever", he added in quiet confidence. With that he started examining the pit below for corpses or trinkets, oblivious to any possible dangers.

Remove ads