D&D 5E Which Pathfinder APs have been converted to 5e?

I'm super tempted to order the Pathfinder Kingmaker .pdfs and run them for a 5e group. Before I do, anyone know if a fellow gamer has converted them to 5e (and got a link you can share)?

If no one's converted Kingmaker, have any others of the Pathfinder APs been converted to 5e?

Damn. Well, you know what they say about filling a need when you spot one. If I decide to convert any of the Pathfinders, I'll share my work. I can't be the only one looking for a conversion.

Thanks!

ccs

41st lv DM
I'm a bit lazy, so I don't really "convert" stuff between editions. I just run it as straight up as possible, substituting edition specific details as needed. (ex; ACs based upon armor, spell effects, how many xp somethings worth, listed monsters just use the 5e MM entry) Monsters in the adventure NOT in the 5e MM? Well, the stats presented are now their 5e stats....

So far in 5e I've run;
1 BECMI module (Keep on the Borderlands)
2 1e modules (The Forest Oracle & Lost Isle of Castanimir)
1 PF module (Souls for Smugglers Shiv)

All have worked just fine with my lazy method. :)

bouncyhead

Explorer
I've just run Sins of the Saviors in 5e (have been running RotR hitherto in PF). I didn't do a formal conversion (so sorry, not notes!). I did a lot of reading ahead to make sure I was familiar but mostly converted on the fly. This was the first 5e we had played so the whole group was feeling their way somewhat. Some notes:

1. For the most part you can substitute in the 5e monster for the PF one as-is.
2. The table on the DMG p 274(?) - Expected monster stuff - is your greatest friend. Where the CR of a 5e creature is significantly off the PF version you can swap in the numbers as required. Same for 'advanced' PF monsters.
3. 274 also a huge help where there is no 5e version of the PF monster. I improvised special abilities in the '5e style'.
4. If there is no 5e spell equivalent then I ignored (though converting many spells is dead easy)
5. Rule of thumb for DCs (posted elsewhere on these boards I think) was PF DC up to 20 x .75 then add the remainder. So a DC 24 check becomes a 20 x .75= 15 + 4 = 19 check in 5e. I can't remember any horrible fails from using that system.
6. You have to trust the maths. If the PCs are brought across at like level and CRs are broadly the same then everything is going to be just fine. Some squeaky moments with saves though - takes a while to get used to the idea that people simply fail more saves but opportunities to shrug off effects are more frequent.
7. NPCs were most tricky, especially 2-page statblock multi-class templated boss monsters. Again, p274 gives you the chassis. Pick the special attacks/powers/defenses that are at the heart of the flavour and use the 5e equivalent when present, eyeball it when not. You won't miss those 2 page statblocks.

Overall impression was that even with conversion-on-the-fly duties and it all being new GM-ing was a LOT easier. I think I would have seriously struggled without a lot of revision and reading prep though. I felt confident in the narrative, setting, challenges etc.. so could concentrate on the mechanics.

PS - I should point you in the direction of this piece of wonderment. I used it less than I expected but it an awesome piece of work: http://marklenser.com/5econverter/

Remove ads