Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (trailer)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I'm curious to see the kind of box office it will get.

[video=youtube;NFs6J04-lJY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLCRHG7EIFlDpaa9NLtpgTZo-ssEHVt2mz&time_continue=3&v=NFs6J04-lJY[/video]

MechaPilot

Explorer
I know I'll be going. I enjoyed the Harry Potter films, and I'm interested to see what Rowling's take is on the American part of her wizarding world.

delericho

Legend
So is this kind of a prequel? Looks like a period piece.

I think it's set before the HP films but isn't, strictly speaking, a prequel - we won't see any recurring characters, or repeated plot points, or similar.

There's a book of the same name, but I think that's more a Monster Manual of the HP world, rather than a novel from which this film is derived. (Oh, and this is supposed to be the first of the trilogy of films. But, unlike the Hobbit, they haven't made three films by splitting up one book.)

I expect it will do very well, but it just won't be as well received as the HP films - much like the SW or LotR prequels.

Ryujin

Legend
So is this kind of a prequel? Looks like a period piece.

It's set in the 1920s or 1930s. There will be appearances by characters who were mentioned in the Potter stories, but I don't think that there are any characters who actually appeared in them, in "Fantastic Beasts."

Remove ads