Vader and Fett Random Question

delericho

Legend
And if the manual only accounts for standing orders 1-50, well, it's not like the Jedi have a decompiler to search the source code...

I'm inclined to go with the alternative explanation - that Order 66 is one out of thousands of standing orders, and so easy to miss. Indeed, one of the SWSE books says that Order #65 is actually a kill order on the Chancellor, stated in exactly the same terms as #66.

So I'm not too bothered by that in isolation. But put it together with the questionable origins of the army, and I find it much harder to swallow.

It would appear they do not. Because otherwise you'd expect someone to point out that this clone army, that just happened to be secretly set up and funded so it was ready just when they were needed, had as a template the very bounty hunter who was just seen working with Count Dooku.

I know the Jedi are a bit stupid in the prequels, but you'd have thought at least one of them might have been curious enough to read the user manual, and might have thought to ask "So, what's up with this Order 66 then? Why have we commissioned a Clone Army with a built-in betrayal switch?"

This is actually sorta covered in the last few episodes of the Clone Wars animated series, They figure out it was Dooku that had the clones made and find out about order 66, they really do nothing about it cause they know everything will turn out alright in Episode VI.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
That is pretty terrible...

Oh there is this order coded into our huge army, that could cause them to turn on us?

Don't worry, the High Chancellor is as good as gone already, plus we're Jedi, we can handle a few clones.

But aren't we spread pretty thin? And were we worried about our diminished use of the force? This seems like something that could really turn the tables guys.

Remove ads