profile picture won't upload

Spurgnard

First Post
I've tried to set my profile picture 3 times with different files either 400 or 800 x 400 & they're under the maximum size. Do I need to make 3 posts? I'm not much of a poster and that's not the error I'm getting (it takes the information from my computer then it says it's unable to load).

Spurgnard

First Post
Since I'm new I'm seeing a bannerlike message with Morrus's hotmail address & when I click "3 posts" it says I actually need to post 10 times to add my homepage (I'd like to do that; I might be paraquoting a little). Do I need to make 3, or 10 posts, which is a little daunting, just to have a picture of me with my dog in my profile?

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Welcome to the boards!

Hm, unfortunately I'm not sure how often you need to post. Such limits exist to hinder spammers, so it should be a pretty low number.

If it's 3 times, you need only one more - maybe post a monster in the D&D Monsters A-Z thread.

If that doesn't do the trick, make a post with your pic attached to the post (or just post a link to it if you have one) and I'll try to upload it for you via moderator hax. :)
Edit: Assuming you're okay with posting the pic in public. (I'm mentioning this because profiles have privacy options.) Otherwise, feel free to send me a PM with the pic attached or linked to.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Could you show me a screenshot of the exact error? You do appear to have a dog as your avatar, so maybe it worked?

Spurgnard

First Post
Weird…like, it took a week for you & Darkness's replies to show up. I'm sure, because I've been checking & was getting cranky. Just got the update email but that might be a Monday thing…not referring to the weekly post summary. I'm way too lazy to look up a D & D monster, even though I have my favorites, so I'll just thank Darkness here too, and mention that putting a 3- or 10-post prerequisite on having a picture on your profile doesn't seem to have anything to do with spam. This makes 3 so I'll try again, copy any error text to the clipboard if I get it, and not bother anybody any more if that sexy dog picture goes up properly.

Spurgnard

First Post
Darkness, thanks for trying to help me. I have to take my phone apart to send the picture from another computer, but I think I need to try to upload it from something other than Windows 7. I could definitely email it from this computer–I'm just having trouble uploading from this site but I should see if it's just something weird about the browser. The cache keeps telling me I only have 1 response to this email, for instance. Anyway, I'll email you the picture if it doesn't work on my roommate's computer, either.

thechunkmunk

First Post
This is also happening to me. I have posted a bunch of times in my group, and the yellow banner is still there. When I go to upload the photo (in jpeg format, under the 400 x 400 and under the 97 kb) it takes me to a page that simply says "Unable to upload photo". Que?

Remove ads