Tampa FL, 5E game looking for players/gm

stereotypy

First Post
I'm trying to get a new 5e D&D group together in the Big Bend area of Riverview. That means that players in Brandon, Riverview, Apollo Beach and Sun City would have about a 20 minute drive to get here. Players outside that area are also encouraged to get involved if interested and are willing to make the commitment to the group. I currently have at least two others that have committed and possibly a third, so I am looking for about two or three more players, four at the most to get a nice sized group. I am willing to DM, but am very willing to be a player if there is a DM out there who would like to run a game. The plan would be for the game to begin around noon or 1pm and play something for 6+ hours and ending around 6 or 7 pm. The game would take place every other Saturday. A specific weekend has not been selected to start and would be up for discussion depending on what works best for the most members of the group. We can discuss food options as it gets closer, but chipping in on pizza or bringing your own food/drink are both options.

A little about me and the rest of the group. We range in age from late 30s to early 40s. We are all professionals in our chosen field and the least experienced of us has been playing since 2nd edition and have experience with 3rd edition. Some of us have been involved in 5e since the playtest so 5e experience isn't a requirement. I would definitely consider us old school at the core, but open to new ideas. That isn't to say that newbies or those willing to learn 5e would be a problem. We have a lot of 5e knowledge in the group and are definitely willing to teach newbies. Preprinted modules aren't a problem and homebrew is fun too. We enjoy a game that is a 50/50 mix of role playing and combat, but have had the occasional game that is almost entirely role playing or a majority of combat as long as it is moving the story forward. All those currently playing have spent most of their time in Forgotten Realms so that is preferred. Not because we all read the books or know the latest rumors and stories going on in the Realms, but because there is a common knowledge of dieties, peoples, groups and lands of the Realms. We also prefer to use minis and a grid for combat. I have everything we might need in regard to figures and gaming boards. I am probably considered to be the rules lawyer of the group, but even I like to use the rules as a tool to tell a story and none of us are hung up on following the rules to the letter if it interferes with the story. Heroic acts are rewarded and encouraged.

If this sounds interesting to you, I'd ask that you shoot me a pm. I have a family, cat, and dog, so if that's a problem this may not be the game for you. Additionally, since I would be inviting players into my home, I'd like an opportunity to at least speak with interested parties on the phone and possibly meet up prior to gaming. Invitees are going to be considered first come, first served. I am pretty determined to get this game going, so if you are interested, stick with me and we'll make this thing happen. I am on often and pretty religious about keeping tabs on the goings ons on these boards so I will get back to you even if it takes a few days, so keep checking back.

I know this is kinda long winded, but if you've made it to the end of this post and this sounds like a group/game in which you'd like to be involved, I look forward to hearing from you. Looking forward to an awesome D&D game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases