NAZIs, UFOs, and Alien Worms in Antarctica!

Saul Goode

First Post
DSCF8915.JPG

Turn 7 and End of Game

Concentrated firepower finally brings down the Tripod, and the halftrack near the hanebu machineguns the last wurmer unit to death!

NAZIs win!:p

Jhaelen

First Post
Wouldn't mind doing this with miniatures, thanks for the AAR...
Minis are overrated, and most definitely overused. Especialy when I look at kickstarter games like Cthulhu Wars, the more recent Blood Rage, or the bloated Kingdom Death: Monster. In these games the minis serve no other purpose than 'looking cool'. For most games, counters would be both more reasonable and useful, but apparently, they're no longer in fashion, unfortunately.

Saul Goode

First Post
It really depends on the size/scope of the game and the gamers preference.
Doing this game in the thread with minis wouldn't be terrible. Doing minis in an operational scale attack of Army Group Center in 1943 would make me shudder.

Personally I prefer counters... most of the games I collect are hex and counter wargames.

But I do play a lot of games with minis with my brother, Blood Rage being one of them. Sometimes the game does indeed "look better" than with counters, but perhaps it also functions better with minis instead of counters. Also, the unit density is low with minis games. Meaning, a minis game comes with, say, 20-30 minis, which represent the "units" taking part in the action being represented by the game. You simply couldn't play a wargame that has two countersheets with minis. The cost would be too high, and the footprint too big.

It's all about scope/ scale and personal preference.

Remove ads