Lunar New Year Sale

Reinhart

First Post
After having its price permanently cut in half from $39.99 to $19.99, Sword Coast Legends is having another 50% off sale on Steam in honor of the Lunar New Year. So until February 12th, Sword Coast Legends is $9.99 on Steam.

Here's a convenient link to the Sword Coast Legends Steam page.

I was going to wait for Rage of Demons and the announcement of the console release to determine if this was worth my time and attention, but what the heck, I toss out $10 for half-baked games all the time. Regardless, now I'm extremely grateful I didn't buy it around release.

There's still no word on the release date the Rage of Demons DLC and Console editions. Their target is still Q1 of 2016, but that deadline will be upon us less than a couple of months. I suspect that the publishers at this point expect that the game is a bit of a failure and are only continuing production because of consumer goodwill and contractual obligations.

It's certainly not doing well:
https://steamdb.info/app/325600/graphs/

Only 400 or so people playing today, almost no sales in a month despite the reduced price, half as many people actually playing... At this rate, in a couple months the game will be functionally dead apart from a couple die hards.

The fan community on the SCL forums was really banking on CP3 to "fix" the game and allow it to be what was promised, but with that all but cancelled and no sign of the Rage of Demons module, the game isn't looking so hot.
Now they seem to be all but giving away the game, really hoping it will find enough of an audience to recoup some of their expenses...

darjr

I crit!
I keep hoping things will change. But I keep hearing the same things from folks who have tried it or continue to try it.

Remove ads