The Quest for Sporedome question *SPOILERS*

So the magic item listed in the adventure treasure isn't actually found anywhere in the adventure itself.

I've searched the PDF high and low, yet cannot find the Half-Plate of Poison Resistance. Am I allowed to place it in an appropriate location in the adventure?

Anthraxus

Explorer
[sblock]I can't find the exact post, but I seem to remember one of the RC's/Admins posting that Agaricus gives them the armor and Fungal Unguents at the end of the adventure for bringing the Sprouts back safely, from the Derro camp.

Edit: Maybe it was the armor for returning the Sprouts, and the Fungal Unguents for bringing the Seer back, acutally... [/sblock]

Last edited:

kalani

First Post
The half plate is given to the party by the myconid sovereign agaricus if they return with the Sacred Seer and complete the quest properly

As an aside, did anyone else out there let the Sacred Seer go in exchange for the gold and braincaps? Played this recently at a con and my group did just that, though another PC and I voted against it. With much grumbling, I might add, since my character was the one that had vouchsafed for returning the Sacred Seer.

The half plate is given to the party by the myconid sovereign agaricus if they return with the Sacred Seer and complete the quest properly

Anthraxus

Explorer
As an aside, did anyone else out there let the Sacred Seer go in exchange for the gold and braincaps? Played this recently at a con and my group did just that, though another PC and I voted against it. With much grumbling, I might add, since my character was the one that had vouchsafed for returning the Sacred Seer.

The party I ran through the module was soooo close. Party vote was 3:2 in favor of returning the Seer. :)

Augh! That sort of behavior drives me up a wall in AL play. Saw a greataxe wielding paladin try to grab a magic rapier that the finesse fighter wanted. Fortunately, the DM intervened when the kid wouldn't relent.

Saw a paladin roll on the item in this adventure, keeping it from a druid. I was flabbergasted.

Steve_MND

First Post
Augh! That sort of behavior drives me up a wall in AL play. Saw a greataxe wielding paladin try to grab a magic rapier that the finesse fighter wanted. Fortunately, the DM intervened when the kid wouldn't relent.

Unfortunately, with the way the AL rules, are, that sort of behavior -- while suspect -- is still technically legal, assuming all the other qualifications are still met. Or was it a certed item? Someone trying to get an uncerted magic item they are unlikely to ever use is pretty rare and weird, but I've seen lots of folks try to get otherwise-useless certed items, in hopes that they might be able to trade them for better, more applicable things down the road.

It was certed, and as far as I can tell, the player just wanted it because it was a magic item, not to trade later or anything.

Or was it a certed item? Someone trying to get an uncerted magic item they are unlikely to ever use is pretty rare and weird, but I've seen lots of folks try to get otherwise-useless certed items, in hopes that they might be able to trade them for better, more applicable things down the road.

Remove ads