New and confused

Mentor

First Post
Hi, I am new here and need some guidance. Is there no "newbie" sub-forum here? In particular I am puzzled about:

* Is there no "everyone introduces him/herself" kind of thread somewhere?
* I thought enworld is about a broad range of (English) RPGs, but the vast majority of boards seem to be D&D'ish, plus a bit of Star Wars (+trek) and Fate. Is everything else considered "General"? There are so many systems and RPGs out there - is Enworld not the place to discuss them?

Being a small, independent RPG author I was hoping to find a place to exchange ideas and discuss RPG/rules theory with others ... is my best chance to start threads in "General"? Do I have to dig through pages of "General" to see what already has been done/asked?

Thank you for your help!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
First off - Welcome to EN World!

Is there no "newbie" sub-forum here?

No, there isn't.

* Is there no "everyone introduces him/herself" kind of thread somewhere?

Not as such. There have been a couple of them over the years, but they don't seem to be very valuable. Folks will get to know you through your posts.

* I thought enworld is about a broad range of (English) RPGs, but the vast majority of boards seem to be D&D'ish, plus a bit of Star Wars (+trek) and Fate. Is everything else considered "General"? There are so many systems and RPGs out there - is Enworld not the place to discuss them?

EN World historically started as a D&D news site, and D&D is the most played RPG overall, so it and its branches do get a large section of the traffic. However, we have folks who play all sorts of games, and who do like to discuss overall theory. If you don't see a specific section on it, try the General forum.

Do I have to dig through pages of "General" to see what already has been done/asked?

Only if you want to. There's no prohibition against talking about things that have already been discussed in the past.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Only if you want to. There's no prohibition against talking about things that have already been discussed in the past.

Absolutely. Just because somebody had a conversation about something once doesn't mean you're not allowed to! :)

Remove ads