DM's Guild: What Do The Customers Think?

The DM's Guild has been around for a couple of months now. There have been lots of threads about it from the seller's point of view discussing all manner of aspects of the site (if you're thinking of selling there, there are tons of advice and discussion threads right here on EN World, covering things like price, art, folks sharing how much they've made, and so on). There haven't been quite so many from the customer's point of view, though. So what are your overall impressions of the DM's Guild, now you've had chance to get used to its offerings? What do you think of the products all these new publishers are offering? Are you using DM's Guild more or less than you were a month ago? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

The DM's Guild has been around for a couple of months now. There have been lots of threads about it from the seller's point of view discussing all manner of aspects of the site (if you're thinking of selling there, there are tons of advice and discussion threads right here on EN World, covering things like price, art, folks sharing how much they've made, and so on). There haven't been quite so many from the customer's point of view, though. So what are your overall impressions of the DM's Guild, now you've had chance to get used to its offerings? What do you think of the products all these new publishers are offering? Are you using DM's Guild more or less than you were a month ago? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

DMsGuildProductLogoLarge.png

Bera

Explorer
It'll get worse when people start adding all the popular tag words to their descriptions so all the searches start pulling the same stuff.
ranger feat blood ravenloft archetype .......

The problem with some gamers is that they game things. Powergaming the DMsGuild - figure out the rules then exploit them.

But, there's no real incentive to share knowledge of system mastery. In fact, if anyone figures out how to game that system they're financially incentivized to avoid sharing their discoveries...

bought like 5 things one day(month ago? 2?) Haven't had time to look at it much. got a generally unfavorable view of main thing I went there for, but to be fair to author ,need to look at it more in depth, but for the price I can't complain at all. Will def buy more things in future! Love the idea! Now that I started a blog I think that will be my first review(once I give it a fair shake)

dave2008

Legend
Underwhelmed. I have bought seven or 8 items and the quality had been okay to good but nothing great yet. DMs Guild seems to be based on quick and cheap. I would rather there be some more expensive items of higher quality and original art.

By far my biggest gripe is the stock art. while stock art is a great idea to a degree, seeing the same art in item after item really takes away from some of the products.

There are items on the Guild by the pros with original art, high production values and, I assume, quality content. However, the amateur stuff does very quite a lot.

Remove ads

Remove ads