Animal handling to tame

Killoth

First Post
so Im not a ranger but I do have decent wis score and my animal handling is fairly good. so I was wondering if as a non ranger could I apply my Animal Handling to try and tame wild beasts. how can this work what would the DC be to beast the beasts wis or int. how long in game should it take to actually tame the beast.

kalani

First Post
Unfortunately there are no provisions for this in AL. Unless a creature is specifically mentioned in an adventure as a possible companion (there are several in Out of the Abyss for example, such as baby hook horrors, basilisk eggs, or dragon eggs) - you simply cannot gain a companion in this way, regardless of your skill proficiencies.

Players cannot gain things outside the scope of an adventure. It has to be listed as a reward within the text, or its not available.

Killoth

First Post
ok thanks for clearing that up. say I did get one of those rewards say a hooked horror would it be automatically bonded to my character or would I need to train it? would that be animal handling?are their going to be rewards like this is the Curse of Strad adventure?

Last edited:

kalani

First Post
The adventure would tell you what happens if you get a hook horror. I will not say what those details are here. You will need to play the adventure and find out :D

Remove ads