4-1 Suits of the Mists updated version mechanics/editing-wise?

Steve_MND

First Post
Is there a newer version or set of clarifications yet for 4-1 in the mix yet? I ask because of some of the editing issues in the mod, and i'll be running it next week. Things such as the goblin/orc/orog confusion in Part 3, and the seemingly-abrupt bit in the final section of Part 5, where it feels like there's just a chunk missing after the poem/prophecy, perhaps? I seem to recall someone mentioning that a new version to address some of the editing issues was in the works, but has there been any corrections in an article or post somewhere on at least these two questions? Any other weirdness I can muddle through fair enough.

Steve_MND

First Post
Thanks! i'm running them the following Saturday, so that'll work out well. That'll be to both the copies the stores got as well as the copies we might have gotten off the DMGuild, correct?

Steve_MND

First Post
Okay, so, I got the updated version, and, sadly, it's still full of errors. Maybe someone can give me an official rundown of what's supposed to be here on these? I can muddle my way through the rest of the stuff, but these still are awkward.

What is the optimized level for the mod? Pg. 2 says five 1st-level characters, Pg 3 says five 2nd-level characters. The APL chart provided isn't conclusive either, as that's been wrong before on several mods, and implies the 2nd-level one, or could just be another error.

Pg.25 still refers to removing the Orog in the 'adjusting the encounter' section, but it's otherwise not mentioned anywhere else in the scenario combat.

Pg. 39 in the finale, Sybil falls pale and then gives her cryptic poem, and then the text seems to skip a missing paragraph or two and just continues with "If this is the case, the mist welcomes each of them." If what is the case? The poem wasn't really a question, so i'm guessing something else occurs? Given that it's the finale, i'm not sure i want to wing that, and just saying to the party, "oh, the mists take you," seems a little non-dramatic.

Also, might I suggest giving these files actual version numbers or something when they are added to the DMGuild library? I suspect that many of these will have multiple revisions over time, so having a bunch of the same file names with the word 'updated' on the end of them may be awkward to differentiate down the road., where as "version 2," "version 3," etc. will be much easier. Or add the date to the file name? The 'updated' columns on the library list just gives the date the entry was updated, not the multiple files inside it.

Steve_MND

First Post
I can fudge the combat stats, but I'm more concerned with the fact that it seems like there is a chunk of the finale missing. At the end of part 5, when the mists are encroaching, there seems to be stuff missing, and then the mod says something like "if the player agree, etc." Agree to what? What happens there? it seems like there is some stuff missing between that and the poem/stanza just above it...?

Remove ads